Teaching and Learning Lead for Maths / Maths Teacher
St Katherine’s School
Permanent. Required from January 2020
Salary: Main Pay Scale / Upper Pay Scale plus TLR 2B £4657 pa
This post offers an excellent opportunity for an outstanding and experienced Maths Teacher.
We are seeking to appoint a Teaching and Learning Lead able to teach Maths across all key stages, including A Level. We welcome applications from those without prior A level experience but with the knowledge and ability to learn quickly to develop skills in this area.
As a faculty we have been raising standards continuously over the last 3 years, and this is a great time to join our team. We have introduced a mastery scheme of work at KS3, Level 2 further Maths at GCSE and provide students the opportunity to study GCSE statistics in Year 11. This post offers an opportunity for a suitability qualified/experienced teacher to lead on developing teaching and learning and the attainment of students in Maths.
The successful candidate will be:
• an outstanding teacher, passionate about teaching and committed to improving the learning outcomes of all students
• able to demonstrate a strong track record of raising student attainment and accelerating progress through their teaching and bringing creative ideas to the classroom
• a team player, keen to work collaboratively and contribute to a strong ethos of sharing good practice, resources and ideas
• experienced in mentoring and coaching NQTs, ITT and other members of staff.
• self-motivated and well organised
• responsible for STEM opportunities in Maths (including Pi Day & house competitions) and liaising with science and DAT to put in place joint STEM activities
• able to oversee and ensure programmes to support gifted and talented students in Mathematics.
We believe that Maths is an exciting subject and numeracy should be central to a young person’s curriculum. We look to provide many enrichment opportunities based around STEM to inspire and motivate mathematicians for the future. Students enjoy Maths at St Katherine’s and it is an increasingly popular subject choice at A level.
The successful candidate will be joining a creative and dedicated team that is characterised by high support and high challenge with a willingness to develop as professionals through sharing good practice. We are committed to staff development and offer a comprehensive Teaching and Learning CPD programme.
St Katherine’s is a vibrant, medium sized 11 – 19 mixed comprehensive school and part of Cathedral Schools Trust. We are situated on the edge of Bristol in a beautiful rural setting. The majority of our students live in Bristol and due to the easy transport links, make a positive choice to travel out of the city each day to enjoy the wealth of opportunities that St Katherine’s has to offer. All at St Katherine’s believe that there are no limits to what a young person can achieve. Through focusing on high quality learning and teaching we work tirelessly to educate young people for academic success and life. Further information about the school and the post can be found on the school website
St Katherine’s School is an equal opportunities employer in line with the 2010 Equality Act. St Katherine’s is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. The post is subject to DBS Barred list and Enhanced Disclosure checks.
Closing Date: Midnight 13 October 2019
Interview date: w/c 21 October 2019