Teaching Assistant: Key Stage 1
Pay: £290 - £350 per week
Salary is dependent on experience, training or qualifications. The minimum experience, training or qualifications required for this position are: Level 2 or 3 qualification in Childcare.
Contract Dates: January 2021 – July 2021
Vision for Education is looking to appoint a Key Stage 1 Teaching Assistant (KS1 TA) to join our successful supply team and work in a local primary school in the Alnwick area. This is a full-time Key Stage 1 Teaching Assistant (KS1 TA) role, which will commence in January 2021.
Working as part of a dynamic and creative Key Stage 1 team, the Key Stage 1 Teaching Assistant (KS1 TA) will focus on delivering general classroom support in a Year 1 class of 31 children.
This average sized primary school is looking for a committed and successful Key Stage 1 Teaching Assistant (KS1 TA) to join their motivated team. The school has effective leadership, a positive and friendly ethos and the local community is highly supportive of the school.
To be considered for the Key Stage 1 Teaching Assistant (KS1 TA) position, you will:
• Hold a minimum of a Level 2 qualification in Childcare.
• Have experience of working as a Teaching Assistant, preferably in a Key Stage 1 environment.
• Be experienced in working with smaller nurture groups to boost attainment.
• Have a genuine desire to become part of a committed team of school staff.
• Ideally have experience delivering small group interventions and 1:1 support.
Vision for Education is committed to safeguarding children and young people. We take our responsibilities extremely seriously. All staff we register will undertake thorough interviewing and referencing checks and hold, or be prepared to undergo, an Enhanced DBS check that must be registered on the Update Service.
About Vision for Education
Vision for Education is a market-leading education recruitment and supply agency committed to the learning and development of young people. We are an employer of choice for high-quality primary, secondary and SEND teaching and support staff. We have branches across the country, and we are part of the world-renowned education company TES Global.
What Vision for Education offer
As a valued employee of Vision for Education, you will receive:
• Excellent daily rates paid weekly by our in-house payroll team using the Pay As You Earn (PAYE) system.
• Guaranteed pay scheme (subject to availability and qualifying criteria).
• Pension contributions (subject to a qualifying period).
• Full compliance with AWR (Agency Workers’ Regulations), to make sure you get the pay and working conditions you are entitled to.
• FREE training to help with your professional development such as Team Teach, Autism Awareness and an online Educare training package worth £350.
• Regular social events with 100% complimentary food and drinks.
• £50 refer a friend or colleague bonus scheme.
• Access to a dedicated consultant, who will provide ongoing support.
How to apply
If you are a qualified Key Stage 1 Teaching Assistant (KS1 TA) who can enthuse, motivate and engage students and would like the challenge of working in a demanding and rewarding environment, then we want to hear from you.
Apply today via this website, or for more information about this role and other opportunities across Vision for Education, please contact our Newcastle primary team on 0191 267 4555.
Due to the coronavirus pandemic and to ensure we are fully compliant with Government guidance relating to social distancing, interviews with shortlisted candidates will take place by video call.
Vision for Education Ltd
- Supply agency