Job Advert – Teaching Assistant
- SALARY RANGE: Scale 4, spine point 08- 11
- ACTUAL SALARY: £19,807-£20,896.54
- WORKING PATTERN: Part Time 32.5 hours per week
- CONTRACT TYPE: Term time only, permanent
- REQUIRED FOR: As soon as possible
Ambler Primary School and Children’s Centre is seeking to appoint a caring, enthusiastic and dedicated Teaching Assistant to join our team. The successful applicant will be an outstanding professional, committed to improving outcomes for all our children and families.
Ambler Primary School is a great place to work and has a positive environment where everybody works together to achieve more. This is a rare opportunity to join a dynamic team that works hard to make a difference to the lives of hundreds of children.
At Ambler, we promote equality, challenge discrimination and recognise the positive value that comes from having a truly diverse workforce. We welcome applications from people of all backgrounds who reflect the diverse community of our school.
We can offer:
- Fantastic children who strive to achieve their best.
- A supportive leadership team.
- Good opportunities for CPD.
- A warm, positive working environment where everyone is valued.
- An enthusiastic dynamic and talented management and staff team.
We are looking for a Teaching Assistant who can:
- Demonstrate successful experience in a primary setting, especially regarding the successful management of behaviour both in and out of class.
- Under the guidance of the SLT/class teachers, to work with individuals and groups of pupils in class, including those pupils with additional educational needs, to help them to achieve to the best of their ability.
- To help to organise learning and classroom environments, prepare resources and implement strategies for teaching and learning under the direction of class teachers.
- Support and deliver the programmes for teaching literacy and numeracy and assist pupils to access the full curriculum.
- Observe pupils' performance, and using the systems in place in the school/class provide the teacher with feedback on pupil progress in relation to provision.
- Embrace change and innovation positively.
- Promote an active playground, leading on activities that engage the children.
- Has a positive approach and a good sense of humour.
- Has good time keeping and is willing to go the extra mile!
Visits to Ambler Primary School and Children’s Centre are currently unavailable due to Covid, however, you can visit via the ‘virtual tour’ on our website. If you are shortlisted, a tour will be included as part of the interview day.
Deadline for applications: Midnight, Sunday 6th June 2021
Short-listing: Tuesday 8th June 2021
Interviews: Monday 14th June 2021
Please apply online at www.islington.gov.uk/jobs. If you need any assistance, please email the Education HR team at firstname.lastname@example.org quoting reference: AMB/767.
Ambler Primary School and Children’s Centre is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people, and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment; an enhanced DBS (Disclosure and Barring Service) check with barred list check will be required. Also, if this post is likely to come under the requirements of the Childcare (Disqualification) 2009 Regulations, the successful applicant will be required to declare.
Ambler Primary School and Children's Centre
Ambler Primary School and Childrens' Centre, Blackstock Rd, Finsbury Park, London, N4 2DR
- Mainstream school with state - community funding
- Primary School
- Students of mixed gender, age 0 - 11 years