SEMH Teaching Assistant
£70 per day
£125 refer a friend / colleague bonus scheme
Salary is dependent on experience, training or qualifications. The minimum experience, training or qualifications required for this position is a minimum of 6 months relevant experience working with children, young people or adults.
Contract start date: February 2021
Vision for Education are actively seeking to recruit for an experience Teaching Assistant / Support Worker who has existing experience within an SEMH environment, to work in a fantastic school in the Chesterfield, Clay Cross working with KS1 to KS5 students.
Working with students with social, emotional and mental health difficulties is an extremely rewarding environment to work in and requires someone who has a nurturing yet resilient approach within the classroom, it is essential that you have previous experience in this area.
Set in beautiful rural Chesterfield, this school focuses on the education of young people who have social, emotional and mental health difficulties and SEND including ASD, ADHD, PDA and attachment disorders.
Students are provided a calm and supportive environment in which they can develop and learn within a safe environment.
You will be surrounded by a fantastic team, who have an unquestionable passion for the education and development of young people.
To be considered for the position of SEMH Teaching Assistant, you will:
• Have at least 3 months experience of supporting in an SEND setting with behaviours that challenge
• Ideally have your team teach level 2 training or be willing to complete our course
• Hold an enhanced child and adult workforce DBS which is registered to the update service – Vision can assist with obtaining this if required
• Own transport is essential due to rural location
• Have a genuine desire to become part of a committed team of specialist teachers
• Have a passion for supporting students and teachers, with the ability to work in small groups and on a 121 basis
Vision for Education is committed to Safeguarding children and young people. We take our responsibilities extremely seriously. All staff we register will undertake thorough interviewing and referencing checks and hold, or be prepared to undergo, an Enhanced DBS Check that must be registered to the Update Service.
About Vision for Education
Vision for Education is a market-leading education recruitment and supply agency committed to the learning and development of young people. We are an employer of choice for high-quality primary, secondary and SEND teaching and support staff. We have branches across the country, and we are part of the world-renowned education company TES Global.
What Vision for Education offer
As a valued employee of Vision for Education, you will receive:
• Excellent daily rates paid weekly by our in-house payroll team using the Pay As You Earn (PAYE) system.
• Guaranteed pay scheme (subject to availability and qualifying criteria).
• Pension contributions (subject to qualifying period).
• Full compliance with AWR (Agency Workers’ Regulations), to make sure you get the pay and working conditions you are entitled to.
• FREE training to help with your professional development such as Team Teach, Autism Awareness and an online Educare training package worth £350.
• Regular social events with 100% complimentary food and drinks.
• £250 refer a friend or colleague bonus scheme.
• Access to a dedicated SEND consultant, who will provide ongoing support.
How to apply
If you are an experienced SEND Teaching Assistant with existing experience in SEND who can enthuse, motivate and engage students and would like the challenge of working in a demanding and rewarding environment, then we want to hear from you.
Apply today via this website, or for more information about this role and other opportunities across Vision for Education, please contact our Sheffield branch today on 0114 553 0900.
Vision for Education Ltd