At Hillingdon Manor, we provide specialist education for c170 pupils, aged between 5-19 years old with the Secondary School supporting around c130 students. Located across two sites, we deploy of a wide range of teaching strategies to engage and develop the progress of learners, who present with a range of learning difficulties and styles. Our students are taught in smaller class sizes and all students work towards GCSE and equivalent qualification in functional skills. We are in commuting distance of Cowley, Colham Green, Yiewsley, Hillingdon, Hayes and surrounding areas.
Job Summary and Duties:
As a Teaching Assistant, you will have a passion for working with young people, in particular, those who may have received all manner of setbacks in and outside of education. You will provide support to the class teacher within the secondary or primary school.
This role is offered on a permanent, term time only basis, working 38.5 hours per week.
Following a thorough induction and training programme, your duties would include:
- Providing day to day classroom support to the children and assisting with pupil behaviour
- Establishing good relationships with pupils, acting as a role model and responding to individual needs
- Encouraging pupils to interact with others and engage in activities led by the teacher.
- Helping to plan lessons by preparing materials and resources
Key Skills Required
- Qualified to Level 2 as a Teaching Assistant (or equivalent) OR have relevant experience/interest in working with children within an SEN setting or with Autism
- Have an understanding of the National Curriculum
- Have the confidence to address conflict and challenging behaviour, once trained
- Be willing to work flexibly and constructively as part of a team
Please apply online now or call 01895 813679 for further information.
Please note, we reserve the right to close the vacancy early should we receive a significant number of suitable applications
Outcomes First Group is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of everyone in our care and therefore this post is subject to an enhanced DBS check where suitable references will be sought prior to your employment start date.