An exciting opportunity has arisen at Courtlands School for teaching assistants to join the team. The ideal candidate will have previous TA experience and should have a desire to make a difference and help our young people access their education.
You should have experience of working with young people who have a wide range of behavioural and learning difficulties and you will need to have the ability to work on your own initiative as well as part of a wider team.
Support for students in accessing learning activities across the curriculum including Learning Outside the Classroom, as directed by Teacher/Senior Staff to include: -
- Support and encourage students to engage in learning activities, and promote positive relationships between all in the school community
- Assist with the supervision of students during off-site activities,
- Be aware of, and comply with Policies and Procedures relating to: - Child Protection; Health & Safety; Security; and Confidentiality – reporting all concerns to the Designated Person/s
- Be aware of, and support difference, and ensure all students have equal access to opportunities to learn and develop
- Be an effective model of the expected behaviour of students, communicated through the use of trauma informed and trauma sensitive strategies.
- To support in the development of Individual Education Plans
- Promoting independence
- Employing a range of strategies to recognise and reward achievement of self-reliance for pupils/students
- Using specialist (curricular/learning) skills/training/experience to support pupils
- Assist with the development and implementation of Individual Education Plans (I.E.Ps)
- You will be responsible for keeping and updating records and for the marking of pupils’ work
- recording achievement/progress
- encouraging pupils to interact and work co-operatively with others and engage all pupils in activities
- Undertake activities to assist teachers in the delivery of the curriculum
- Promote and ensure the health, safety and appropriate behaviour of pupils/students at all times
- Support the teacher by assisting in the production of lesson/work plans, worksheets etc. within an agreed system of supervision
- Liaise with parents/carers as agreed with the teacher
- Provide objective feedback and reports, as required, to the teacher on pupil achievement, progress and other matters
- Prepare and maintain curriculum equipment/resources as directed by the teacher to meet lesson plans/relevant learning activities
- May be required to assist in the handling of small amounts of money related to various school events, which are then handed over to school office staff for processing
- Operate office equipment in the provision of clerical and administrative support e.g. photocopier
- Provide short term cover for the absence of the teacher
- Support the intimate care and administering medicines to identified individuals within an agreed safeguarding structure
- Undertake other duties appropriate to the grade of the post
Experience & Job Knowledge
- Post holder will be required to solve varied problems, such as those arising from classroom management and the care and support of pupils. In conjunction with the class teacher the post holder will be devising work plans and lessons up to several weeks ahead.
- Post holder will be advising and guiding the pupils on a daily basis. Effective written and oral communication skills required to liaise with pupils, other staff, and parents and outside agencies and professionals.
- Keyboarding skills required to support the use of ICT in learning activities. Post holder may be required to use specialist equipment/resources and aids to support individual students.
- Act at all times in accordance with appropriate legislation and regulations, codes of practice, the provisions of the Trust’s constitution and its’ policies and procedures.
- Undertake all duties with due regard to the equalities policy and relevant legislation.
- Work within the requirements of the Trust’s Health and Safety policy, performance standards, safe systems of work and procedures.
If you believe that you can bring passion and energy to your work with the young people we teach, we would love to hear from you.
How to Apply:
Download the Candidate Pack and Application form below. For more information or to apply, send a completed application to the HR Team at TFTrecruitment@deltservices.co.uk
Please note: We are unable to accept CV's or PDF's.