We are looking to recruit as soon as possible an enthusiastic, skilled and motivated Teaching Assistant to join our successful and growing SEND Department to cover a long term absence in the first instance with a view to going permanent.
Teaching Assistants play an important role in supporting pupils with special educational needs in lessons and in adapting learning resources for pupils. Teaching Assistants also liaise with parents and other agencies involved in secondary education.
We are looking for someone who:
- Has some previous experience of working with children with special needs (this is not essential)
- Is enthusiastic, resourceful and understanding when working with children
- Has a positive outlook and is a good team worker
- Is able to deliver support programmes in small groups or 1:1 situations as well as provide support within a whole class situation
- Is able to deliver and develop support strategies for pupils with specific difficulties linked to learning and/or other related needs
As our Teaching Assistant, you will be required to work 30 hours per week, Monday to Friday, 8.00am – 2.45pm, term time only.
About the school
This is an exciting time to join Thomas More Catholic School as we continue on our journey to outstanding. We are an above national average, popular 11 – 18 inclusive Catholic school situated in Purley. We pride ourselves on having excellent student leadership and high staff retention rates. We ensure that teaching and learning is of the highest quality; rigorous, challenging, differentiated and engaging. Our aim is for educational excellence in all areas.
What we can offer you
We have a strong focus on student and staff wellbeing which is evident from the moment you step into our community. In return, our school offers an excellent, inclusive and friendly working environment with the opportunity for continued professional development within the department. In addition, we offer a range of excellent staff benefits, including:
- Historic building in a beautiful setting, with multiple sports facilities and a swimming pool
- Forward thinking and vibrant place to work
- High staff morale and a happy team culture amongst all staff
- Free parking on-site. Situated a 10 minute walk from Purley train station with fast train links to Central London and the South East
How to apply
For more information about the school, please visit www.tmore.org.uk Please note: you do not need to be Catholic to apply.
To apply, please click the 'apply' button where you'll be able to complete our application form.
Closing date: Midday on Friday 24th September 2021
Interview date: To be confirmed upon shortlisting
The Governors of Thomas More Catholic School are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people. The appointment is subject to the normal pre-employment clearances (e.g. satisfactory references, medical clearance and a satisfactory outcome to your Enhanced DBS Disclosure).
Thomas More Catholic School