Hurworth House School, Westfield Drive, Hurworth, Darlington, DL2 2AD
Permanent - Full Time
Salary: £15,337 per annum
Hours: 37.5 hours per week (term time only)
Due to the expansion of our school to include a primary provision, we are looking to appoint Teaching Assistants. You will be a committed and enthusiastic individual keen to work with a unique group of young people.
The successful candidate will:
- Contribute to the effective implementation of individual programmes by supporting the teaching and learning experiences, which enhance the learning and development of our young people
- Assist with the management of the learning environment, ensuring that any behavioural or physical occurrences are addressed promptly
- Support senior staff by contributing to the development of care and learning plans and contribute to the preparation of reports and update daily records and logs
- Maintain a professional relationship while developing a good rapport with our young people
- Provide some personal care for our students.
Knowledge & Skills
- An NVQ Level 2 qualification (or equivalent) which is appropriate to the teaching and learning environment of learners and young adults
- Full clean driving licence.
- Your Benefits
- Priory Perks reward and discount scheme
- Comprehensive induction
- Pension scheme
- We cover the cost of your enhanced disclosure check
- Employee Assistance Programme
- Commitment to your ongoing training and career progression
- Employee recognition scheme.
Hurworth House School is a specialist day school located in Hurworth on Tees for boys and girls aged 4 to 19 years who have complex learning difficulties including SEMH and ASD. Young people may also have challenging behaviour as a result of their difficulties. Priory Hurworth House aims to deliver the highest level of education tailored to individual needs in a safe, positive and structured environment where every student is encouraged to achieve the best possible academic, social and vocational outcomes.
Priory Education and Children’s Services is a leading company in the UK offering independent behavioural care for commissioners across the UK. With over 100 high quality schools, colleges and homes we focus on making a real and lasting difference for everyone we support.
For all roles we require a minimum of two references. References provided must cover the last 3 years, for all of our services we will need to request all references from where you have worked with either Children or Vulnerable Adults. Please be advised that references may be requested prior to interview for roles within our schools.
From education to hospitals, care homes and secure facilities, the Priory Group of Companies offers individually tailored, multidisciplinary treatment programmes for those with complex educational needs or requiring acute, long-term and respite mental healthcare.
Priory Education Services is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children. All applicants must be willing to undergo safeguarding screening appropriate to the post, including checks with past employers and disclosures with the relevant body at an enhanced level. We are an equal opportunities employer. Priory Education and Children's services will cover the cost of a DBS.
Hurworth House School
- Special needs with independent funding
- Students of mixed gender, age 7 - 19 years
Priory Hurworth House is a specialist day school located near Darlington for boys and girls aged 7 to 19 years who have complex learning difficulties including behavioural, emotional and social difficulties (BESD) and autistic spectrum disorders (ASD...