Explore, Endeavour and Excel in an outstanding Ark School in West London
Teaching Assistant Vacancy
Reporting to: Shannaz Rabbani (Assistant Head)
Location: Ark Priory Primary Academy
Contract: Fixed Term (1 year with a view to extend)
Working Pattern: Term Time
Disclosure level: Enhanced
Closing Date: Friday 24th September 2021
Interviews to be held: Tuesday 28th September 2021
Visits to our school are warmly encouraged; to arrange, please call Ms Campbell on 020 3110 0717
Joining Ark Priory Primary Academy is an exciting opportunity to help create an outstanding school and embark on a rewarding career path.
Looking for a new and exciting challenge?
Excited by the prospect of helping to develop a new, growing school?
Opportunity to work in supportive team with many opportunities for career progression.
Ark Priory Primary Academy is a two form entry primary school that opened in September 2013. Ark Priory, rated “outstanding” by Ofsted in June 2015 has exceeded national results in KS1 assessments consistently. The academy phonics programme is a particular strength with 100% pass rates in year 1 for three years running. This is not, however, at the expense of a broad and rich curriculum with the academy being a STEM partner school for the Enthuse award and currently working towards the Artsmark for excellence in music, art and drama. This is emphasised by the academies 4 p.m. finish time allowing children the space to consolidate outstanding academic foundations as well as flourish as informed and well-rounded individuals.
If you are looking for an opportunity to contribute to propel a new school forward and be part of children’s development at a crucial time in their life, we would love to hear from you.
Ark Priory Primary Academy aims to provide the best possible education and experience for our pupils. Please see our website to find out more.
Our ideal candidate will:
• be a positive role model for the pupils in their care,
• believe in the potential of every child and be committed to seeing that every child reaches that potential,
• be able to inspire learning beyond the classroom, ensuring that learning doesn’t stop once the school day ends,
• possess the skills and determination to make a significant difference to the lives of the children,
• be happy to contribute to the success of this exciting new learning community.
Our core values are “courage,” “exploration,” “endeavour” and “excellence.” We take great pride in the diversity of our student body, celebrating all backgrounds and cultures. Our community is already very strong and we are fortunate to have a committed and supportive parent body.
If you are an outstanding individual who has drive and enthusiasm, and who will relish a rewarding, new opportunity please submit an application today.
Applications must be made by noon on Thursday 23rd September 2021. We will review applications as we receive them and may contact applicants before the closing date.
If you have any queries regarding your application, please contact Ms Campbell on 020 3110 0717
As a Teaching Assistant (one to one) you will support pupils, parents, and teachers, to establish a supportive learning environment in which children make good academic progress. You will be instrumental in our mission to provide every student, regardless of their background, a great education and real choices in life.
• Support specific pupil’s learning through the delivery of specific learning programmes, setting high expectations whilst encouraging their independence and building their confidence
• Promote inclusion, encouraging pupils to interact and work collaboratively
• Adapt and develop resources for EAL and SEND pupils, ensuring their safety and enabling them to access the curriculum
• Assist with follow-through for related services (speech/language/physical therapy etc.)
• Observe, record and feedback information of pupil performance
• Use strategies, in liaison with the teacher to assist in behaviour management and to support pupils in their learning objectives
• Assist pupils' achievement outside of the classroom, e.g. computer lab, library
Support for the school
• Supervise pupils in playgrounds, lunchrooms etc and assist with general pastoral care
• Accompany teachers and pupils on trips and out of school activities as required within contract hours, taking responsibility for pupils under the supervision of the teacher
• Actively promote the safety and welfare of our children and young people
• Ensure compliance with Arks data protection rules and procedures
• Liaise with colleagues and external contacts at all levels of seniority with confidence, tact and diplomacy
• Work with Ark Central and other academies in the Ark network, to establish good practice throughout the network, offering support where required.
This job description is not an exhaustive list and you will be expected to carry out any other reasonable tasks as directed by your line manager.
Person Specification: Teaching Assistant
• Maths and English GCSE or equivalent at grade C or above (or equiv)
• Certified teach assistant course or training or willingness to undertake this
• Degree (desirable)
Knowledge, Skills and Experience
• Experience establishing successful learning relationships with students at the relevant age, treating them consistently with respect and consideration
• Experience of the role of a TA particularly working with children one to one but also including; classroom organisation and management, supporting the planning and delivery of the curriculum, implementing behaviour and learning strategies
• Good working knowledge of the national curriculum
• Good numeracy and literacy skills
• Good administrative, organisational and computer skills
• Competent with computers and other technology
• Excellent communication and interpersonal skills with children and adults
• Able to deal with minor incidents, first aid, and pupil’s personal health and hygiene
• Able to speak another language, play a musical instrument or coach a sport (desirable)
• Genuine passion for and a belief in the potential of every pupil
• A robust awareness of keeping children safe, noticing safeguarding and welfare concerns, and you understand how and when to take appropriate action.
• Belief that every student should have access to an excellent education regardless of background
• Professional outlook, detailed orientated and able to multi-task and meet deadlines
• A team player that can work collaboratively as well as using own initiative
• Helpful, positive, patient and caring nature
• Calm and professional under pressure
• Understanding of the importance of confidentiality and discretion
• Flexible attitude towards work and demonstrates sound judgement
• Right to work in the UK
• Commitment to equality of opportunity and the safeguarding and welfare of all students
• Willingness to undertake training
Ark is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people in our academies. In order to meet this responsibility, we follow a rigorous selection process. All successful candidates will be subject to an enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service check.
Ark Priory Primary Academy
Ealing, Acton, West London
- Mainstream school with state - academy funding
- Primary School
- Students of mixed gender, age 3 - 11 years
Ark Priory admitted its first two reception and nursery classes (90 pupils) in September 2013. It is a mixed, non-denominational; two form entry primary school for local children in East Acton. It offers an inclusive and inspiring education in a comm...