You will be joining a highly talented and dedicated team working within our fantastic Nursery. The Nursery provides a wonderful environment for our children and staff, and you will enjoy the very best resources, lots of outdoor space, including woodlands and our very own petting farm.
Your role will be to help provide a secure environment in which the children’s natural curiosity leads into a learning situation and their physical and social needs are met and developed. Depending on your qualification and level of the role you are applying for, the following points will form some or all of the requirements of the role:
• To help support planning and implement the Early Years programme in liaison with the EY staff and to work as part of the team.
• To have high expectations of all pupils; respect their social, cultural, linguistic, religious and ethnic backgrounds, and be committed to raising their educational achievement
• To assist with the preparation of the learning environment
• To carefully monitor and record the children’s progress using an on-line learning journey to support the assessment of pupil progress.
• To monitor the development and welfare, and report this to the Head of the EYFS department
• To liaise with parents
• To ensure that the Early Years department is an exciting area to learn by helping change the displays regularly to meet the children’s needs.
• To meet regularly with the other Early Years Staff, attend Staff Meetings and Inset days.
• To assist with school events, such as sports day and productions in which the Early Years children are involved.
• To take part in termly Supervisions and annual Staff Appraisal.
• To follow the School’s policies in all areas.
• To promote a happy and caring atmosphere and to work towards the development and aims of the school.
The Closing date for applications is - Friday 2nd March 2018, and interviews will take place week commencing Monday 5th March 2018.
Terra Nova School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. All successful candidates will be required to undergo an enhanced DBS Check.
Charitable Trust Reg. No. 525919