Teaching Assistant, Grade 2 - SEN
APTC 3, points 14-17
£18,657 - £19,623 pro rata (£13,209 - £13,893 per annum, actual salary)
8.30am - 3.30pm, 30 hours per week, term time only plus Inset Days
Required 16th April 2018 - 31st March 2019
St Edward's is a large, thriving multi-cultural community with pupils who travel from a wide area to come to our school. Our strong Christian beliefs are reflected in the behaviour of our pupils who were described in our recent Ofsted report as "very caring, friendly and respectful towards each other".
Our school is situated in a pleasant residential area and we are only a five minute walk from the centre of Romford, with direct transport links to London; We are lucy to have many excellent facilities on site, including a swimming pool and basketball court and the children are encouraged to take part in a wide range of extra-curricular activities.
We have hard-working, enthusiastic and friendly staff who are committed to providing and excellent education for our children, including an experienced and supportive team of teaching assistants. We should like to appoint an additional SEN Teaching Assistant to work with individual or small groups of children in Foundation Stage and Key Stage 1 who need additional support in school.
Our ideal candidate would:
- be experienced in supporting children with learning difficulties;
- be enthusiastic, confident and able to show initiative;
- be an effective communicator with pupils and staff;
- possess good literacy and numeracy skills;
- be able to deal with a child's physical, medical, emotional and behavioural needs;
- have a good sense of humour.
We should like you to:
- work under direct supervision by the class teacher and at times, use your own initiative to organise activities or tasks;
- use initiative and contribute to creating a stimulating and purposeful learning environment;
- work in partnership with other teaching asssitants;
- support the class teacher in planning differentiated work for the pupils;
- create simple resources to support the pupils' work, as appropriate.
Closing date: Wednesday 28th February 2018 (12 noon)
Interview date: Wednesday, 14th March 2018
Please apply online at www.haveringschools.jobs and ensure that email addresses are given for your two referees. If you experience any technical difficulty please contact Havering Education HR on 01708 431636
This post is exempt from the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974 and, the successful applicant will be expected to undertake an enhanced disclosure.