Teaching Assistant Grade 4 (Temporary for one year - Term time only) (Job share considered)
• Closing Date: 16/07/2019 (5pm)
• Interview Date(s): From 17/07/2019
• Contract/Hours: 8.30 am to 3.15 pm (including 30 minutes lunch cover in Nursery/EYFS)
• Salary Type: Support Staff
• Salary Details: Grade 4 Point 4 - 5 FTE (£18,426 - £18,795) (Actual £12,961 per annum)
• Start Date: 4th September 2019
• Location of Role: School
• Contact e-mail address: email@example.com
We are looking for an efficient and enthusiastic member of staff to join our school as a Teaching Assistant (Grade 4). This post would suit someone with a particular interest and/or experience in EYFS and/or KS1 provision. The post is being offered as a temporary position for one year, but is likely to continue depending on the school’s requirements.
Duties will include:
• Supervise and provide particular support for pupils, including those with special needs, ensuring their safety and access to learning activities
• Assist with the development and implementation of Individual Education/Behaviour Plans and personal care programmes
• Establish constructive relationships with pupils, parents/carers, promoting inclusion and acceptance.
• Encourage pupils to interact with others and engage in activities led by the teacher
• Provide feedback to pupils in relation to progress and achievement under guidance of the teacher
• Create and maintain a purposeful, orderly and supportive environment, in accordance with lesson plans
• Assist with the planning of learning activities and use strategies, in liaison with the teacher, to support pupils to achieve learning objectives
• Monitor pupils’ responses to learning activities and accurately record achievement/progress as directed
• Promote good pupil behaviour, dealing promptly with conflict and incidents in line with established policy and encourage pupils to take responsibility for their own behaviour
• Support the use of ICT in learning activities and develop pupils’ competence and independence in its use
• Prepare, maintain and use equipment/resources required to meet the lesson plans/relevant learning activity and assist pupils in their use
• Be aware of and comply with policies and procedures relating to child protection, health, safety and security, confidentiality and data protection, reporting all concerns to an appropriate person
• Contribute to the overall ethos/work/aims of the school and attend and participate in relevant meetings as required
• Participate in training and other learning activities and performance development as required
• Accompany teaching staff and pupils on visits, trips and out of school activities as required and take responsibility for a group under the supervision of the teacher
• To undertake other duties, appropriate to the grade, as may reasonably be required by the headteacher
The River Learning Trust is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of all children and expects all staff to share this commitment. The successful candidate will be subject to an enhanced DBS check. The River Learning Trust is an equal opportunities employer and we welcome applications from a range of backgrounds to represent diversity in line with our schools' community.
We warmly welcome visitors, so please do contact the school office to arrange a visit.
Applications can be made via the following link: www.riverlearningtrust.org/recruitment
The closing date for applications is 16th July at 5pm, but we will interview immediately for a strong applicant.
The job description and job advertisement can also be found under the ‘Vacancies’ tab on the school website:www.edith-moorhouse.oxon.sch.uk
For further queries, please contact Lucy Palmer on 01993 842372
No applications sent directly to the school will be accepted. We look forward to receiving your application