Vision for Education are searching for an SEN Teaching Assistants to work in SEN schools and provisions through our Guaranteed Pay Scheme in Sunderland. The ideal candidate will have previous work experience in schools and will be confident working with individuals who have a wide range of Special Educational Needs. Experience working with people who have Autism, ADHD, Moderate to Severe Learning Difficulties, Profound and Multiple Learning Difficulties and Social, Emotional and Mental Health Difficulties would be preferred. Being confident in dealing with challenging behaviour is also a necessary skill for the positions.
To be suitable for our Guaranteed Pay Scheme you must:
· Be available for work 5 days a week
· Have access to a car and be willing to drive for work
· Be versatile, flexible, confident and have the ability to tailor your teaching style to engage students with a wide range of special educational needs
· Have a flexibility to take on short term, long term or day-to-day placements at a wide range of SEN schools and provisions within 45 minutes from your home address
· Have a positive, flexible and upbeat mentality and a genuine interest in pursuing a career working with individuals who have special educational needs
In return you will:
· Be guaranteed a minimum of 3 days per week at £60 per day whether you work or not
· Be paid weekly through PAYE
· Have access to free CPD courses and seminars including Team Teach, Autism Awareness, Dyslexia seminars and many more
· Be invited to regular social events with complimentary food and drink
· Have access to a dedicated team of committed SEND consultants 24 hours a day, 7 days a week
Vision for Education are committed to safeguarding and all candidates are required to have an enhanced DBS from the Disclosure and Barring Service. This also has to be placed onto the update service. Full assistance will be provided at interview.