West Lodge Primary School is looking for full time enthusiastic and hard-working Teaching Assistants to join our supportive staff team. You must be imaginative, enthusiastic, and have excellent organisational, communication and people skills.
A range of posts are available:
• Working in Reception with our EYFS team
• Working in our Specialist provision for autistic pupils (Kaleidoscope)
• Providing 1:1 support for pupils with SEMH, autism or ADHD
• Providing high quality support for individuals and groups during lessons in KS1 or KS2
• Leading interventions for small groups
Graduates who are considering a career in teaching are encouraged to apply – with career progression into teaching a possibility in the future via the teaching apprenticeship route.
The successful applicant will be required to:
• Have a passion for working with children.
• Having these qualifications would be desirable but not essential: - NNEB,NVQ/CACHE Level 3
• Be a team player who is able to demonstrate a willingness and ability to accept responsibility.
• Assist with the planning of a range of interesting, age appropriate activities.
• Help create engaging learning environments.
• Assist with the supervision of pupils at lunchtimes.
• Have a keen eye for health and safety and safeguarding issues.
• Be proactive, self-motivated and have an attention for detail.
• Have an outgoing personality which is open and caring towards children.
• Be respectful to each individual child and their learning journey with us and support them in reaching their full potential.
• Build positive relationships with children, parents and colleagues.
• Have a good, professional level of spoken and written English.
Experience in the following areas is desirable: Autism Spectrum Condition – ASC; Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder – ADHD; Severe Learning Difficulties – SLD; Profound and Multiple Learning Difficulties – PMLD; Social, Emotional and Mental Health – SEMH; Experience of de-escalation techniques; Picture Exchange Communication (PECS) and Makaton.
The school is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and expects all staff and volunteers to share this. The successful candidate will be required to undergo an enhanced DBS check prior to employment.
Please visit our website at https://www.westlodge.harrow.sch.uk/vacancies for a copy of the job description and an application form or email our School Business Manager, Claire Larkman, at firstname.lastname@example.org
Completed application forms should be emailed to email@example.com
Closing date for applications: Thursday 23rd September, midday
Interviews will be held in the week commencing Monday 27th September
West Lodge Primary School
- Mainstream school with state - community funding
- Primary School
- Students of mixed gender, age 4 - 12 years