32.5 hours per week
We are seeking to appoint a Teaching Assistant to join our Inclusion team. This is a very exciting time to join our community as the Inclusion team is expanding to meet our commitments as a truly inclusive school that embraces all aspects of comprehensive education.
The successful candidate will be patient, reliable and sensitive to the needs of our pupils. He/she will show an enthusiasm and commitment to supporting learning across the curriculum. A good sense of humour and an ability to work as part of a close-knit team is essential. The role will involve supporting students both in class and through interventions, individually and in small groups. There are clear progression routes and training opportunities for the right applicant.
Oak Wood School is a truly inclusive mixed, multi-ethnic 11-18 school that embraces all aspects of comprehensive education. The curriculum is well balanced and reflects the needs of all our students and the local community in that we cater for the academic and vocational subjects.
Situated on a large site close to Heathrow Airport and the centre of Hillingdon, Oak Wood School has much to offer:
- a commitment to the professional development of all its staff to become outstanding teachers and leaders
- staff wellbeing programme
- childcare and cycle to school vouchers
- excellent transport links (by train 45 minutes to central London), bus routes 427, 278 & U2, train (Chiltern Railways, Great Western Railway and Underground (Metropolitan & Piccadilly)
- on-site parking including electric charging facilities
- on-site catering facilities.
Completed applications to be sent to Emma Shelford or emailed to: HR@oakwoodhillingdon.org.uk Please note that CVs will not be accepted - you must complete our Application Form to be considered for this post.
Visits to the school can be arranged if requested.
You can access our school website for further information and an application form: www.oakwoodhillingdon.org.uk
Closing date: Friday 15 January 2021
Interviews: TBC and may be held via Microsoft Teams depending on government guidelines
The appointment is subject to satisfactory pre-employment clearances including references, medical clearance and an enhanced DBS Disclosure. Oak Wood School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.
Oak Wood School
- Mainstream school with state - foundation funding
- Secondary with sixth form
- Students of mixed gender, age 11 - 18 years
Oak Wood School is a friendly and vibrant community where individuals thrive and feel happy, secure, confident and valued. Our approach combines an intellectually rigorous and challenging academic environment with outstanding pastoral care and s...