Hartley Primary Academy is a two form entry school with 14 classes in total. Our school has beautiful, extensive grounds and a range of teaching and learning facilities. We are fortunate to have a friendly and hardworking staff, both teaching and non-teaching and we have a very talented and multi-skilled team of Teaching Assistants who are led and managed by an excellent SENCO.
Our children come from a range of backgrounds and cultures and their needs are diverse. Behaviour for learning is outstanding, resulting in a positive and fulfilling work experience.
We are seeking to appoint an experienced Teaching Assistant to join our team. The role is for 31.25 hours per week and for the right candidate there would be an enhanced payment for a cover supervisor role. There may also be professional development opportunities should the candidate wish to progress their career towards HLTA status.
We are aiming for our successful candidate to start in post on 19th April 2021.
The successful candidate will:
- Be aware of and support school policies and procedures.
- Work, or play, with individuals, or small groups of children, to assist in the delivery of the planned curriculum, as directed by the Class Teacher.
- Set up group activities under the guidance of the Class Teacher / Subject Leaders. Work with children on practical activities, giving assistance and encouragement.
- Read to, and with, small groups of children, on curriculum activities.
- Assist in the planning, creation and mounting of displays of the children’s work.
- Provide support and assistance for children’s pastoral needs (e.g. promoting self-esteem, and overall well-being of the child
- Have a willingness to provide cover duties for some lessons, when required.
- Be prepared to work across all age ranges within the Primary School.
The successful candidate will have:
- A hard working and flexible attitude.
- A passion for working with children.
- The ability to carry out designated tasks in an accurate and timely manner.
- The ability to work as part of a team.
- The ability to be creative and use initiative to engage children.
- The ability to work under pressure, with enthusiasm, motivation and commitment.
- Strong listening skills and the ability to prioritise, manage time effectively and remain calm under pressure.
- Strong verbal and communication skills appropriate to the need to communicate effectively with a wide range of pupils, colleagues and parents.
Working for Hartley Primary Academy: Hartley Primary Academy is a happy, thriving and “OUTSTANDING” (Ofsted rated) primary school based in KENT. We inspire our children to aim high and succeed, equipping them with the necessary skills and knowledge for the future. We promote understanding, respect and tolerance for each other. Our School vision is for HAPPY, POSITIVE, ACHIEVERS and we want to be able to provide all the support our children need to achieve this both emotionally and academically. We have an amazing team of teachers and teaching assistants and we are currently working towards the International Baccalaureate Primary Years Programme, giving scope to teach in a creative way. We also have extensive grounds and wooded areas that are used for teaching.
Our aim is to create a positive, stimulating and happy learning environment with spacious buildings and grounds, enabling children to succeed and realise their full potential. We promote their academic, spiritual, moral, cultural and physical development to prepare them for future opportunities, responsibilities and experiences.
We are committed to providing all children with the same opportunities, regardless of gender, race, creed or culture. We are wholly committed to creating a learning environment which is safe and secure, stimulating and exciting, in order that our children come to school with a feeling of anticipation and enthusiasm.
Hartley Primary Academy
- Mainstream school with state - academy funding
- Primary School
- Students of mixed gender, age 4 - 11 years
Our school is set in beautiful grounds in the middle of Hartley, the charming Kent village. We believe in – and celebrate – success at all levels and in all fields. The pursuit of excellence within a culture of enjoyment and positive approaches to le...