Inspire our lively little learners! We are looking to appoint a Teaching Assistant to support individuals and groups of students in one of our KS1 classes.
You will enable access to learning, contributing to the development and maintenance of a purposeful, nurturing learning environment.
Our Academy opened in September 2015 to provide high quality primary places for local families. We are lucky to have a brand new, bright, modern and welcoming building for our school community, surrounded by green, open spaces with a wild wood area on site for outdoor learning.
Our friendly family of staff believe that every child is unique and that each deserves the opportunity to be happy, feel valued and experience success. We are fortunate to have a strong and committed partnership with our parent body who support this ethos.
We are part of a Federation of schools with an established track record in Bromley and across London. Our staff team is committed to ensuring that all of our children access the highest quality education in a safe and nurturing environment; all children can achieve, it is our job as educators to do everything possible to enable them to reach their true potential.
Main Areas of Responsibility
As Teaching Assistant, your responsibilities include:
- To supervise and provide particular support for identified students, in 1:1, group or whole class situations, ensuring their safety and access to learning.
- To assist in the development of appropriate resources, schemes of work and teaching strategies, working with the teacher to ensure the provision supports each identified student’s learning needs.
- To assist in evaluating identified students’ progress through agreed assessment activities.
- To provide detailed and regular feedback to teachers on students’ achievement, progress and needs.
- To lead small group sessions and interventions as appropriate.
- Qualifications & Experience
- Educated to degree level or equivalent
- Experience of working directly with young people in an education or training environment, supporting the learning of students.
- Experience of establishing and maintaining positive working relationships with a range of stakeholders, at all levels.
- Experience of managing and being responsible for own workload.
If you have any questions about this opportunity, please contact us via e-mail, or call to arrange a conversation.
Before applying, please download the Job Pack for full details on the job responsibilities and person specification. You will need this when completing your application.
Please note: we may hold interviews as and when applications are received and we reserve the right to offer to a candidate prior to the closing date. We only accept applications submitted online via our careers website and which are completed before the closing deadline. With this in mind, we encourage you to apply as soon as possible and advise you check the job information as per the listing on our careers site.
Professional Development & Benefits
Our people are at the heart of our success. We have developed a strong culture of collaboration and best practice, with professional development and career planning at its centre. We invest in our staff with support, coaching, mentoring, and a wide range of top-quality training programmes delivered at every level to senior leadership.
We look for talented individuals who share our vision for creating exceptional places of learning, and are committed to ensuring that every child in London has access to the best possible education.
In addition to the opportunities for career progression, training and development, we also offer a competitive rewards and benefits package which includes our Harris Allowance, a Performance and Loyalty Bonus, Pension Scheme, a Wellbeing Cash Plan and many other benefits.
The Harris Federation and all our academies are committed to ensuring the highest levels of safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, and we expect all our staff and volunteers to share in this commitment. All offers of employment are subject to an Enhanced DBS check, references, and where applicable, a prohibition from teaching check will be completed for all applicants. Before applying, please review our Policy Statement on the Recruitment of Ex-Offenders.
The Harris Federation is an equal opportunities employer and welcomes applications from all suitably qualified candidates.
As a provider of employment and education, we value the diversity of our staff and students, and all our staff are equally valued and respected. We are committed to providing a fair, equitable and mutually supportive learning and working environment for our students and staff.
Harris Primary Academy Beckenham
- Mainstream school with state - free school funding
- Primary School
- Students of mixed gender, age 4 - 11 years
Opened in September 2015, Harris Primary Academy Beckenham is one of the area’s newest schools, but is part of a Federation of Free Schools and Academies with an established track record in London.
Our aim is to make sure that, from the ...