WAVERLEY PREPARATORY SCHOOL AND DAY NURSERY
Job Description – Learning Support Assistant (LSA)
Waverley Preparatory School is a nationally renowned independent Pre-Prep, Prep School, and Nursery, located in Wokingham in Berkshire. We are extremely proud of our consistently strong national academic rankings – ‘Best in Berkshire’ and currently 22nd in the UK. We believe that we achieve these outstanding academic results by providing a stimulating yet nurturing educational environment for all our pupils, aided by a very strong management and staffing team.
The Senior Management Team now seeks to appoint an LSA who will offer the care and support which our pupils thrive on.
From March/April 2020 or as soon as available.
Purpose of job
To assist the Class Teacher and wider team of staff in delivering the curriculum in a safe and purposeful learning environment.
Hours of Work
Core working hours will be 40 hours per week Monday to Friday. Ideally we would like this position to be for 51 weeks of the year with the newly appointed LSA working in our Holiday club in the school holidays. However, we will also consider applications for term time only (37 weeks per annum). Flexibility for some weekend work for special events will be required.
£16,750 - £18,900 (FTE) dependent on experience and qualifications.
• Assist the class teacher in planning and delivering the curriculum.
• Take direction from the class teacher but also work on own initiative.
• Ensure good working relations between the parents and staff.
• Provide and maintain equality of opportunity for all children and their families.
• Ensure the classroom and all necessary equipment is ready before each lesson commences and is cleared away after the lesson finishes.
• Help to ensure there is a productive, positive learning environment during lessons.
• Supervise pupils in playground at break time and lunchtime.
• Contribute positive reinforcement of ground rules.
• Ensure the children are supervised at all times.
• Be enthusiastic and informative to parents and visitors to ensure the continued development of the school.
• Provide stimulating displays that are regularly changed on a termly basis.
• Take a full part in all school activities as required by the Head.
• Ensure that a professional standard is maintained in terms of dress and behaviour, which promotes the overall development of the school.
• Be punctual.
• Attend and contribute to School meetings and social events.
• Attend School Events, INSET, Activity Weeks, Duties, Open Days and such school functions as required by the Head.
• File reports, PT write-ups, Assessment results etc into Pupil Files as directed by the class teacher.
• Take responsibility for knowing what is happening in the school and how they are involved by reading emails, minutes and schedules.
• Know and adhere to the school policies and to the information in the staff handbook.
• Adhere to all safeguarding procedures and undertake the safeguarding training provided by the school.
Other duties could include:
• Complete the accident and incident book and administer basic first aid.
• Deal with visitors to the School.
• Attend meetings with manager and other training as required.
Waverley School & Nursery is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children therefore all applicants will be subject to an enhanced DBS check.
To apply for this position please complete the application form which can be downloaded from TES or contact the School office on 01189 731 121.