Inspire their Remarkable with us
Beacon Academy is situated in Loughborough, with approximately 345 children on role including a Moderate Learning Difficulty (MLD) resource base. It is time for change and our staff are ready to embrace new leadership which has vision, integrity and rigour because we have huge potential and a commitment to rapid improvement.
This will be a highly rewarding role with the potential to make a significant and sustained impact on our school and community in which it sits.
Beacon Academy is part of Academies Enterprise Trust (AET) national network of over 60 primary, secondary and special academies.
You will need to be caring, enthusiastic and flexible with the ability to work under the direction of the Class Teacher and also use your own initiative. The successful candidate will support the child, enabling them to successfully access the Curriculum. Working as part of a small team requires a teaching assistant who is adaptable and able to work collaboratively with members of the school and wider community.
We passionately believe that every child can discover their own remarkable life. It’s what motivates us around here. We know this vision requires something extra. Which is why at AET, you’ll find more. More opportunities, so you can forge your own path. More care and support, so you can prioritise what matters most. More purpose, for you and for the children we’re inspiring.
- More training and development, so you can get better at what you do - Varied and stretching continuous professional development opportunities.
- More support for you and your loved ones - A health cash plan, employee loans and savings scheme, discounted gym membership and employee assistance programme.
- More technology so you can make more impact - G Suite for Education embedded throughout. Collaborative cloud technology gives you access to the latest tools, when and where it suits you. More tech enabled classrooms mean less time spent on admin and more time teaching.
- More reward - A generous and flexible Local Government Pension scheme for support staff.
- More possibilities - To inspire children to find their remarkable.
This position is required to commence September 2019. Interviews are scheduled to take place early September 2019.
Closing date: Wednesday 21 August 2019
We reserve the right to close this vacancy early should we receive an overwhelming response. All candidates are advised to refer to the job description and person specification before making an application.
In line with our safeguarding practices we are unable to accept CV’s. Come inspire their remarkable with us, apply today.
We are committed to safeguarding and protecting the welfare of children and expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. A Disclosure and Barring Service Certificate will be required for all posts. This post will be subject to enhanced checks as part of our Prevent Duty.
Follow us on Facebook, Twitter and Linkedin. Further details can be found on our careers page.
AET is recruiting for School Direct placements. Please visit our website https://sites.google.com/aetinet.org/academies-enterprise-trust/work-at-aet/graduates for further details.