Hours: 20 per week, Monday to Friday, 8.30am - 12.30pm term-time plus 5 training days initially temporary until 31 August 2019.
Howden Junior School seeks an enthusiastic, suitably qualified Teaching Assistant to support pupils from September 2018. The role will primarily support class teachers through intervention group work with pupils during Maths and English lessons.
- use your skills to ensure pupils’ potential is met
- have high expectations together with an organised approach to working in a busy environment
- have a high level of English and Maths skills together with a Level 2 Teaching Assistant qualification or equivalent
- have experience of working effectively within a school
- have knowledge of intervention programmes with groups of children in English and Maths
- assist in identified areas according to a support plan and liaise with teaching staff and SENCo.
We can offer:
a stimulating learning environment for children to thrive in
a dedicated and friendly experienced staff team
support from the Leadership Team
close community links.
The school is committed to safeguarding pupils and appointment is subject to an enhanced DBS check and satisfactory references.
Application pack available from www.eastriding.gov.uk/jobs, email firstname.lastname@example.org or contact the school, tel (01430) 430385, Howden Junior School, Hailgate, Howden, DN14 7SL. Advert No: HOWJ001455.
Closing Date: 29.6.18.
Interview Date: 11.7.18.