Role:Teaching Assistant Level 2 Special/Additional Needs
Hours: Part-Time – 2 days per week (14 hours per week)
The Wythenshawe Catholic Academy Trust wishes to appoint a Teaching Assistant at Saint Paul’s Catholic High School , an expanding 11-16 Voluntary Academy.
Closing Date: Friday 24th September 2021 at 12 noon
Shortlisting: Monday 27th September 2021
The main duties of the role:
• To provide support for students who require help to overcome barriers to learning.
• Provide specialist support in a specific area of the curriculum
• Work with groups of students under the supervision of the teacher including the delivery of therapy programmes of work and the implementation of ILP’s
• Assist the teacher to ensure a safe classroom and outdoor environment
• Supervise groups and occasionally whole classes for a session / lesson in the classroom or outside the main teaching area as required
The successful candidate will:
• Have strong moral and ethical principles and values
• Be able to adapt and respond appropriately to challenging situations
• Be someone who is enthusiastic and motivated to challenge, inspire and motivate our students.
• Be open to new ideas, committed to working as part of a team and of course have a good sense of humour.
We can offer the successful candidate:
• An opportunity to work in a vibrant, happy and welcoming environment with wonderful students, supportive staff, governors and parents
• An opportunity to work in a high quality, new build with state of the art classrooms and facilities
• Close links with three other schools within the multi-academy trust
• Relevant paid training as and when required
• Excellent career development opportunities with bespoke paid training as and when required
• Entry into a competitive pension scheme
• A Health Cash Plan which includes access to discounted gym memberships and a variety of retail discounts.
Prospective candidates are warmly invited to visit the school and meet with a member of the school’s senior leadership team. Please contact Mrs Holland (Headteacher’s PA) on 0161 499 0000 or e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org to make arrangements.
If you would like to apply for the position, application packs are available from the Trust’s website: www.wcatrust.info. You should complete the CES Support Staff Application Form and return it by e-mail to Mrs Andrea Sweeney HR Manager at email@example.com. You will need to read the Application Form Notes, Privacy Notice, Job Description, Person Specification and Disclosure Form.
The Wythenshawe Catholic Academy Trust is an Equal Opportunities employer and we positively welcome applications from all candidates regardless of age, disability, religion, gender reassignment, marriage and civil partnership, pregnancy and maternity, race, sex and sexual orientation.
The Wythenshawe Catholic Academy Trust is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff to share this commitment. The post will be subject to enhanced DBS and barred list checks, satisfactory references and will be exempt from the provisions of the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974. The applicant will be required to safeguard and promote the welfare of children and young people.
Applicants are advised that schools and colleges designated with a religious character in England and Wales are permitted by law to require certain posts to be filled by practising Catholics or individuals who hold a Catholic Certificate in Religious Studies. Where it is not a requirement of the role to be a practising Catholic, applications are invited from individuals committed to supporting the Catholic ethos of the school.
It is not a requirement of this role to be a practising Catholic and therefore, applications are invited from individuals committed to supporting the Catholic ethos of the school.
Please note CVs and agency referrals will not be accepted
Saint Paul's Catholic High School
- Mainstream school with state - academy funding
- Secondary School
- Students of mixed gender, age 11 - 16 years