The International School of London-
Job Advert- Teaching Assistant
We are looking for a reliable, committed, enthusiastic individual, preferably with some experience of working as part of a school/educational environment.
The role requires providing support for teaching and learning, assisting the teacher in creating and promoting a purposeful and inclusive learning environment. Additionally, providing general assistance to the class teacher in the management and organisation of the students and classroom, preparation of resources as well as break time duties.
The International School of London is a culturally diverse community which fosters a passion and enthusiasm for learning. Our core values are: Diversity, Understanding, Identity and Passion. Students' cultural and linguistic identities are valued and nurtured through our international curriculum. We are committed to the growth and development of every child and respect and support their individual needs. We aim to help students develop the attitudes, skills and understanding needed for active and responsible contributions to both local and global communities.
We are looking for:
· Approachable and caring nature.
· High expectations for students and learning.
· High level of motivation with strong team work and interpersonal skills.
· Ability to communicate effectively with all students and staff.
· Commitment to promoting and safeguarding the welfare of children and young people within the school.
· An enthusiastic, flexible and friendly approach.
· Experience working with children across the primary age range, 3-11 years, desirable.
· GCSEs, or equivalent, in English and Maths are essential.
We offer you:
· Enthusiastic, engaged and well-behaved students who love to learn
· An exciting, vibrant and welcoming atmosphere.
· A happy, caring school community and a staff team who are committed, compassionate and hardworking.
· A commitment to professional development for all staff.
The International School of London is dedicated to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of all children and young people, and expect all staff to share this commitment. Any offer to successful candidates will be conditional upon an Enhanced DBS check and satisfactory references.
Start date: August 2018
Length of contract: Permanent
Salary: £19,190 per annum
Closing date for application: 24th July 2018 (ISL reserves the right to make an early appointment should an outstanding candidate be found)