Outstanding Teaching Assistant
Required for September 2019
35 hours per week (8.30 – 4.00)
“Striving to be the best we can be.”
We are looking for a dynamic individual that could be starting out in their career or has experience.
St Mary’s School is a Schools Direct teacher training school and is committed to:
• Developing staff and training prospective teachers
• Offering various CPD opportunities for teaching assistants to develop particular skills and interests
• Supporting staff sustainability and well-being
The Governors of St Mary’s are seeking to appoint a Teaching Assistant that can work across all key stages (4 – 11 years). We offer a small, friendly and welcoming school in the heart of Stoke Newington where our school values of love, respect, hope, courage and truth are at the center of all we do.
We are looking for candidates who will share our vision and commitment to every child reaching their full potential; that have a passion for supporting teaching and learning through quality interventions; have high motivation and effective skills to make a positive difference to the development of the pupils of St Mary’s.
We welcome applications from enthusiastic and hardworking individuals who are able to demonstrate:
• a confident presence both in the classroom and around the school
• organisation and initiative in supporting learning
• a commitment to and high expectations of children's learning and behaviour and the belief in the potential of all children to succeed
• an ability to work with a team and with the whole school community
• a commitment to their own professional development
• a positive attitude even when faced with challenges
Salary: Scale 3 point 14-17 depending on experience, pro rata / term time only
Application closing date: 23rd April 2019
Interviews will be held on: 29th April 2019
We highly recommend that you visit our school to ensure we are the right school for you, before applying for the position. To arrange a visit, please call the school office on 020 8800 2645. Completed applications should be sent by email to firstname.lastname@example.org or by post to Ms Claire Wood, School Business Manager, St Mary’s C of E Primary School, Barn Street, London, N16 0JT
References will be sought for shortlisted candidates prior to the interview date. St Mary’s is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of its students and expects all staff and volunteers to share and enact this commitment. This post is subject to an enhanced DBS check.
Only successful applicants will be con