Teaching Assistant Level 2
Position type Permanent Contract Type
Part Time Number of Hours 25 Hours – 5 days
About the Role
Level 2 Teaching Assistant Post Part Time
Required for: as soon as possible Salary: Level 2 (Grade 3 Scale point 14-17) Term Time
OASIS ADCADEMY BYRON St David’s Coulsdon Surrey CR5 2XE Tel: 020 8668 4877
Email: Byron@oasisbyron.org Website: www.oasisacademybyron.org
Principal: Mrs C Wingrave
Deputy Principals: Mrs S Small and MrJ Norris
‘Outstanding in all areas.’ Ofsted – May 2016.
‘Staff morale is high. The proportion of staff joining and leaving the school is low because of the extremely well judged challenge and support they receive.’
Byron is a one form entry primary school set in spacious grounds in Old Coulsdon with a Children’s Centre on site. In September 2012 we joined Oasis as a converter academy and became part of Oasis Community Learning. We have a vacancy for an enthusiastic and highly motivated teaching assistant to join our hardworking team. The successful candidate will:
- Be committed to providing the very best learning opportunities for children in their care
- Be able to form excellent relationships with children, staff and parents
- Have experience of recent teaching assistant work across the primary age range
- Be able to use their initiative and have a good sense of humour!
Other essential skills and abilities:
- NVQ level 2 or equivalent qualifications or experience
- Good maths, literacy and ICT skills
- Good understanding of relevant learning strategies
- Understanding of relevant policies/codes of practice and an awareness of relevant legislation
- Good understanding of child development and learning
Please contact Tina Henderson-Hands in the school office for more information.
Visits are warmly welcomed.
Applicants should contact the school either by e-mail (firstname.lastname@example.org) or telephone 0208 668 4877 for an application pack.
Oasis Academy Byron is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of our children and expects all staff and volunteers to share this. An enhanced Disclosure and Barring (DBS) clearance and satisfactory references are required for appointment to this post.
Closing date for applications: November 20th 2017 at noon
Interviews: Week beginning November 29th 2017