Ambitious College is London's first specialist Day College for young people aged 16-25 with a primary diagnosis of autism. We believe that every young person attending Ambitious College deserves a fulfilling, happy and rewarding life. Our educational approach focuses on the individual at all times.
We are proud to be a ‘Good' Ofsted rated provision and were awarded the ‘Natspec 2020 award' for ‘Wellbeing and mental health'. Ambitious College has remained open in term time throughout the COVID-19 pandemic to ensure our vulnerable young people and their families are provided with the much needed support they deserve. In turn our college team has ensured wellbeing is at the heart of supporting one another. You will be joining a passionate and dedicated team who support each other through all challenges.
Your role as a 'Learning and Behaviour Specialist':
- Provide day to day support, delivering 1:1, paired and small group teaching, and learner sessions using Positive Behaviour Support.
- Supervise and support community-based learning and educational visits.
- Work closely with the class Lecturer using your creativity daily to support lesson plans using a wide range of materials and resources.
- Support our learners to develop crucial life skills, meet their goals and aspirations through communication, independence and participation.
- We are looking for empathetic and adaptable individuals, who thrive under pressure and have a natural ability to solve challenges.
Why join us?
- The role itself is very rewarding both through the freedom of creativity and seeing first hand, our learners develop and progress through their goals and aspirations.
- Excellent CPD including a wide-range of in house and external training courses.
- You will have the support of a wider Transdisciplinary Team that includes full-time Occupational and Speech and Language Therapists as well as BCBA qualified Behaviour Analysts.
- Competitive annual salary paid over 52 weeks and excellent salary progression within the role.
- Annual staff recognition awards.
- Cycle to work scheme up to £5000.
- Season ticket loans.
- A wide range of wellness programmes including: virtual yoga & zumba classes, running club, art & cooking classes online.
- Employee Assistance Programme, to help you balance your work, family, and personal life.
- Access to physiotherapy.
- On-site parking.
Start date: ASAP or September 2021.
Ambitious about Autism is fully committed to equality of opportunity and diversity and we warmly welcome applications from all suitably-qualified candidates. We welcome applications regardless of race, colour, nationality, ethnic or national origins, religion or belief, sex, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, marital or civil partner status, pregnancy or maternity, disability, or age. All applications will be considered solely on merit.
Ambitious about Autism is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and successful candidates will be subject to an Enhanced DBS check.
Ambitious about Autism
London Rd, Isleworth TW7 4HS
We are Ambitious - We value difference - We are open - We are team players - We are experts
We are the national charity for children and young people with autism. We provide services, raise awareness and understanding, and campaign for change.