King Edward VI Academy is now recruiting for a Teaching Assistant to cover maternity leave. This role could be the ideal next step in your career.
About the role
To work under the instruction/guidance of teaching/senior staff to undertake work/care/support programmes, to enable access to learning for pupils and to assist the teacher in the management of pupils and the classroom. Work may be carried out in the classroom or outside the main teaching area.
30 hours a week, Mon – Fri: 8:40am - 3:10pm – term time only
Salary & Benefits
- NJC11 - £17,007pa FTE (£11,748.87pa pro rata)
- Access to Local Government Pension Scheme
Who we are looking for
- GCSE Grade A – C English, Maths, Science
- Ability to form and maintain appropriate relationships and personal boundaries with children and young people.
- Motivation to work with children and young people.
- Good numeracy/literacy skills.
- Working knowledge and understanding of the SEND Code of Practice
- Experience of working with or caring for children of relevant age in a secondary school environment.
- Training in the relevant learning strategies e.g. literacy, numeracy
- Effective use of ICT to support learning
- Use of other equipment technology – video, photocopier
- General understanding of national key stage curriculum and other basic learning programmes/strategies
About The David Ross Education Trust
The David Ross Education Trust (DRET) has grown to a network of 34 academies, incorporating primary, secondary and grammar, and special schools. We employ over 2000 people with the primary focus of raising the standards of education for 13,000 young people. Whatever your role, you should know you are contributing to achieving our vision of inspiring the next generation of young people to be the best they can in whatever they choose. Our aim is to be the country’s leading academy chain, committed to delivering the highest educational standards alongside an unrivalled package of sporting and cultural enrichment, including events such as the DRET Spring, Summer and Winter Cups, Music Cup, volunteering trips abroad, and regular trips/visits throughout the year.
We are incredibly lucky to be able to work alongside outstanding organisations and individuals who are happy to share their expertise and skills in supporting the David Ross Foundation's vision to give children better life chances through access to the best education and support we can give them.
While each academy is unique, we share common goals, aspirations, values and methods that enable us to work collaboratively and collectively to achieve our mission. We operate regional hubs, whereby academies work with other schools who are part of the Trust so we can share skills and knowledge, allowing them to benefit and learn from each other. We offer high quality programmes for CPD and Leadership Development to support our practitioners to deliver high quality teaching and learning across our academies.
To complete our application form, please visit our website.
Kind Edward VI Academy is committed to equality, safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. An enhanced DBS check is required for all successful applicants.