Permanent, Full Time
39 weeks per year including training days
£16,350.00 per annum
Cambian Northampton School is an independent specialist provision that provides quality and personalised education for young people ranging from ages 11 to 16 with on-going social, emotional and mental health difficulties (SEMH).
As a Teaching Assistant you will need to have a passion for working with young people and want to make a difference in their lives. You will be a highly motivated, well organised and resourceful individual who can demonstrate flexibility and good communication skills. You will be patient and energetic but also have a genuine concern to improve the quality of life for the young people in our care.
The ideal candidate would have experience and knowledge of learning disabilities and/or special needs. Experience of working with young people with SEMH would also be preferred.
· Good written and verbal communication skills.
· Calm under pressure.
· Professional attitude and appearance.
· The ability to lead and be led.
· Experience of working with young people with additional needs.
· Good organisational skills.
· Assisting the Teacher/Class Lead in the preparation of the work that is to be carried out in class.
· Supporting students in lessons both on and off site.
· Supporting students to make progression with formal learning situations, with self-help skills, life skills and social understanding.
· To support students through both group learning and individual programmes.
Cambian is an Equal Opportunities Employer. Cambian is committed to Safeguarding and protecting the young people and service users within our care. All candidates will be subject to an enhanced DBS check and reference checks.
Cambian Group Plc
- English secondary schools