Manor Primary School is looking to grow our staff, and appoint an enthusiastic Teaching Assistants to their upper Key Stage 2 team.
Our Teaching Assistants play a positive part in the education and social development of children, supporting them to access the curriculum. We are looking for people with patience, dedication and flexibility alongside a commitment to personal development and to attend formal training as required. You must be a good communicator with high expectations and a real empathy with children.
We can offer you the opportunity to work with a fantastic group of children in our Upper Key Stage 2 phase, who are focused and committed in their learning. You will also be working with a friendly and supportive team of professionals.
About Manor Primary School
Manor Primary School is a popular 2 form entry school and the oldest school in Didcot, with the infants still being housed in our historic Victorian building. We joined the GLF Schools Multi Academy Trust in May 2019 to strengthen & broaden the teaching and learning opportunities for all. We continue to develop our highly creative curriculum and growth mind-set pedagogy.
What we are looking for:
• Practitioners who are passionate about helping children reach their full potential
• Enthusiasm and commitment
• The ability to work effectively, independently and as part of a team
• Sensitivity to the needs of all children
• Good literacy and mathematics skills
• The ability to maintain discretion and confidentiality
• To be able to attend staff training and meetings when required
Why work at Manor Primary School:
• We can offer you well behaved and hard-working pupils
• Supportive, friendly and dedicated staff
• A strong belief in the development of the whole child through a broad and balanced curriculum
• A commitment to your on-going professional development
Salary: GLF Support Staff Grade (G3/4) £17,322 - £20,523 FTE (pro-rata £13,535 - £16,037)
Hours: 33 hours over 39 weeks of the year (term time only + inset days)
Closing date for applications: 27th March 2020
Interview date: TBC
For more information, please speak to Katie Sullivan in the GLF Recruitment Team on 020-716-4987.
GLF Schools is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. Employment is subject to a satisfactory enhanced disclosure from the Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS).As a Trust, we are happy to discuss flexible working opportunities. We particularly welcome applicants from under- represented groups including those based on ethnicity, gender, transgender, age, disability, sexual orientation or religion.We reserve the right to withdraw this vacancy at any time ahead of the closing date if there is a good level of response. Therefore, we recommend you submit your application as early as possible.We also reserve to right to interview shortlisted candidates ahead of the closing date.Please be advised that references may be requested on receipt of your application. Please state if you wish this to be delayed until shortlisting/interviews have taken place.