Vision for Education are actively recruiting for an adaptable and resilient Learning Support Assistant who ideally has experience and would be confident working on a 1:1 basis with a Primary aged student who has a statement of Social, Emotional and Mental Health difficulties.
The role is due to commence on the 4th May and is to run up until the end of the Summer team. Duties will be to work closely, supporting the student both within the school and in the community. This role is to begin on a supply basis but for the right person, it does have the potential to lead to a permanent contract with the school.
Personality is paramount whilst maintaining a calm, patient, empathetic manner is required to achieve progress with this student who can demonstrate challenging, disengaged and confrontational behaviour.
This role would suit Newly Qualified Teachers who are looking to gain further experience in a challenging but rewarding SEND environment.
- Applicants must be flexible and confident supporting in classes of up to 10 students in a SEND setting.
- Applicants must hold or be willing to process a current DBS (Children and Vulnerable Adults) and it be registered on the online update service.
- Applicants must ideally be available 5 days a week (Mon-Fri 8:30–16:00)
- Applicants must be able to work in the Tyneside area.
- Applicants must be eligible to work in the UK and meet all national safeguarding criteria.
In return, as an agency we offer:
- Excellent, fair and transparent pay rates from £60.00 - £65.85 per day (Dependent upon finish time)
- Consistent seminars and training courses such as Team Teach, Moving & Handling, Autism Awareness (paid for by Vision) to continue your individual professional development
- Free of charge access to over 20 accredited online training courses via EduCare
- Dedicated team that work with our staff to place them in schools and locations that suit their needs
- Wages paid directly into your bank account every week via PAYE
- Full compliance with AWR (Agency Worker Regulations) to make sure you get paid what you deserve
- £50 reward every time you recommend a colleague and they successfully work their first day
- Pension Contributions (subject to qualifying period)
- Regular social events with 100% complimentary food and drink
- We are an agency that won't charge your school or provision a fee should they wish to offer you a permanent contract; we won't stand in the way of your career
For further information, please call Natasha Hendy on 01912291386 or email CV and details to email@example.com.