Purbeck View School, Swanage
Starting salary: £9.29 per hour
Hours: 39 hours a week (excluding breaks), term time only (38 weeks) plus 5 training days
Fixed term 1 year contract
Are you a Teaching Assistant looking for a new challenge or perhaps you would like to begin a career in education?
Join a dedicated, friendly and expert team who support children and young people to learn, thrive and have fun!
Purbeck View School
Purbeck View School is part of the Caretech/Cambian Group, one of the largest providers of specialist autism services for children in the UK. Our school is a 38 and 52 week residential school based on the coast of Dorset. You will be supporting children and young people diagnosed with Autism Spectrum Condition and other associated disorders.
You will be working as part of a team under the direction of a teacher/tutor assisting students to access a specifically designed curriculum through group learning and individual learning programmes.
The main focus of this role will be to:
- Support students to learn and make progress in lessons
- Assist the teacher/tutor in the preparation of work
- Support students during school based and community based learning
- Ensure students make progress in formal learning situations as well as with self-help skills, life skills and social understanding
Full induction training will be given. You will have opportunities to learn from some of the most dedicated and inspirational people in our profession.
The ideal Teaching Assistant will have:
- A teaching assistant qualification (desirable but not essential)
- Knowledge of autism and/ or Special educational needs
- Well-developed organisation and communication skills
- Ability to work flexibly in relation to tasks undertaken
- Ability to be a good team player
Experience is not essential as you will be given all the training and support necessary. However, successful candidates will need to meet the person specification in order to be offered this post.
Cambian is an Equal Opportunities Employer. Cambian is committed to Safeguarding and protecting the young people and service users within our care. All candidates will be subject to an enhanced DBS check and reference checks.
Closing date for applications: Monday 19th April 2021 at 9am
Cambian Group Plc
- English secondary schools