We are looking for an inspiring and talented secondary teaching assistant to work closely with the class teachers at Harris Academy Tottenham. You will be enthusiastic, have great interpersonal skills, enjoy working as part of a team and want the very best for our students.
This is an exciting opportunity for a committed professional looking to start, or continue their career in a rewarding new role. As part of Harris, you will join a community of staff dedicated to transforming education in London. With regular progression opportunities and outstanding CPD for support staff, there will be a wealth of opportunities for you to grow your career, whether at Harris Academy Tottenham, in one of our other 46 academies, or in our central team. Our aim is to help you achieve your ambitions more quickly.
As part of the Harris Federation, we can offer you a range of benefits, including:
- The opportunity to develop and grow your career within the Federation.
- Performance and loyalty bonus
- Pension scheme (LGPS) and access to our Harris Wellbeing Cash Plan, covering a range of health and wellbeing benefits
- Bicycle Purchase and ICT loans
Click here for a full list of Harris benefits.
What we are looking for
We look for talented individuals who want to be a part of transforming education in London, and helping create exceptional places of learning. We are looking for:
- A successful teaching assistant who is able to raise and sustain high standards;
- An innovative and creative practitioner with a drive and passion to ensure all students achieve;
- Enthuiasm for working with a range of students with differing needs and abilities;
- Someone who will show initiative and a keenness to be involved in all aspects of the Academy life;
- A teaching assistant who is able to enthuse and inspire students;
- A proven track record of good working relationships and professionalism;
- Confidence in working independently with small groups of students
Please download the job pack for a full job description and person specification.
About Harris Academy Tottenham
Harris Academy Tottenham is a 3-18 academy with a Specialism in Mathematics and Enterprise, judged by Ofsted as 'Outstanding' in 2017. This will be an exciting opportunity to be part of an excellent team who will develop and provide outstanding teaching and learning and exceptional outcomes for students.
Why work at Harris Academy Tottenham?
- The opportunity to work a new and exciting academy, judged 'Outstanding' by Ofsted
- A calm, well-disciplined yet positive and innovative learning environment
- Excellent prospects for future promotion
- A fantastic community of parents and children who deserve the best
Come and see us in action: visits to Harris Academy Tottenham are strongly encouraged and very welcome. Please call 020 3772 4243 or email email@example.com to arrange a time to come in or an informal conversation with the Principal.
The Harris Federation
Our academy is part of the Harris Federation, the leading large Multi Academy Trust in the country for both primary and secondary education. Harris has an unrivalled track record in raising standards and achieving success for the children in our academies.
Professional development and sharing best practice are a key part of the Harris Federation success, and we can draw on this to offer you top quality training at every stage of your career path, from Beginner Teacher to Middle Leader. We will invest in you with coaching, mentoring, and can offer a wide range of training programmes, delivered by our Teaching School Alliance.
We look for talented teachers who are passionate about their subject and making a difference. You can help us transform education in London, and create exceptional places of learning.
Please note: academies may hold interviews as and when applications are received, and this job may be withdrawn at any point without notice. You will still be able to add information until the closing date, but you will not be able to submit your application. With this in mind, you are encouraged to apply as early as possible.
Harris academies are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. All offers of employment are subject to an Enhanced DBS check, and where applicable, a prohibition from teaching check will be completed for all applicants. In line with our commitments to safeguarding, the Harris Federation uses preferred agencies and is unable to work with any agencies where Terms of Business have not been agreed by both parties prior to an engagement. Harris Federation is fully committed to equality and to valuing diversity as an employer and a provider of education.