Harris Academy Morden is currently looking to appoint a Receptionist/Administration Assistant to manage the operation of the Academy visitors reception and provide administration support to the Academy.
As part of Harris, you will join a community of staff dedicated to transforming education in London. With a multitude of progression routes and outstanding CPD for support staff, expect to be supported throughout your career whether in our central team or in one of our 47 academies. Your ambitions are ample to the growing success of our academies, maintaining this means putting your ambitions first with a strong career progressive culture. Join us in our mission to positively contribute to cultivating an exceptional learning environment for all our students.
What we are looking for
We look for talented individuals who want to be a part of transforming education in London, and helping create exceptional places of learning.
Please download the job pack for a full job description and person specification.
About Harris Academy Morden
Harris Academy Morden have a very hard working team of teachers and support staff; they provide a caring and welcoming atmosphere for our students. We are traditional in our approach to discipline and uniform, yet forward thinking and at the cutting edge of curriculum development. The Academy's GCSE results in 2017 place us in the top 1% of schools nationally with a Progress 8 score of +1.01.
Why work at Harris Academy Morden?
- Flexible working considered for the right candidate
- Staff well-being is at the heart of our academy. We have a sensible marking policy, organised marking sessions to give staff time to mark and a two week October half term holiday
- Ofsted 2018 ‘There is a low turnover of staff and their morale is high’
- The Academy is traditional in our approach to discipline and has very high expectations for student behaviour. Ofsted 2018 ‘The behaviour of pupils is outstanding’
- Year 11 GCSE results consistently place the Academy in the highest percentile in the country. Ofsted ‘Pupils achieve exceptional outcomes in public examinations. Current pupils are making outstanding progress’.
- At Harris Academy Morden we pride ourselves on the inclusive approach and caring environment we have developed. Ofsted 2018 ‘A very strong sense of community is evident throughout the school’.
- Located favourably for public transport with good local access to bus, tram and train links to mainline rail and the underground network
- Exceptional personal and professional development opportunities across the Harris network
Come and see us in action: visits to Harris Academy Morden are strongly encouraged and very welcome. Please contact Mandy Francis, PA to the Principal via email on email@example.com to arrange a time to come in or an informal conversation with the Principal.
As part of the Harris Federation, we can offer you a range of benefits, including:
- The opportunity to develop and grow your career within the Federation.
- Performance and loyalty bonus
- Pension scheme (LGPS) and access to our Harris Wellbeing Cash Plan, covering a range of health and wellbeing benefits
- Bicycle Purchase and ICT loans
Click here for a full list of Harris benefits.
The Harris Federation
The Harris Federation is the leading large Multi Academy Trust in the country for both primary and secondary education. We have an established reputation in transforming education in London and an unrivalled track record in achieving success through rapid school improvement.
Closing the gap between young people from disadvantaged backgrounds and their peers has always been a core mission of the Harris Federation. We have transformed standards in schools that had, in some cases, failed for generations before joining the Harris Federation. Social mobility is the Holy Grail for the pupils we serve. The key to their futures is a high quality education.
We want every child in London to have the best possible education, enabling them to fulfil their potential and decide their own future.
We look for motivated support staff who are committed to helping us transform lives and who will share our belief that every child has the potential to do well.
Please note: academies may hold interviews as and when applications are received, and this job may be withdrawn at any point without notice. You will still be able to add information until the closing date, but you will not be able to submit your application. With this in mind, you are encouraged to apply as early as possible.
Harris academies are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. All offers of employment are subject to an Enhanced DBS check, and where applicable, a prohibition from teaching check will be completed for all applicants. In line with our commitments to safeguarding, the Harris Federation uses preferred agencies and is unable to work with any agencies where Terms of Business have not been agreed by both parties prior to an engagement. Harris Federation is fully committed to equality and to valuing diversity as an employer and a provider of education. Click here to view our full equality and diversity statement.