Teaching Assistant (Secondary Phase)
Ark John Keats Academy
Unique opportunity to join an outstanding new school in north London.
Ark John Keats is an all-through school in the London Borough of Enfield. We have excellent transport links to enable easy access from central London and London fringe areas. The academy will reach full capacity in 2020 with just under two thousand pupils. The academy was judged outstanding in all areas in our Ofsted inspection of April 2015.
The posts involve one-to-one and small group teaching across a range of areas – reading, writing, maths, English language development and emotional development. There will be extensive training and staff will be deployed according to their skills and interests. As a growing school, we have a number of posts available. We are looking for candidates with the potential to be outstanding and would like to hear from both experienced practitioners and those new to the profession.
These posts are a wonderful opportunity to play a key role in enabling pupils in disadvantaged areas to access the highest quality education.
Ideal candidates will:
· be willing to actively participate in the school’s enrichment activities and wider community
· be committed to Ark John Keats Academy’s ethos of high expectations and no excuses
· be committed to the academy’s vision of breaking the mould by providing pupils from relatively disadvantaged backgrounds with a type and standard of education previously the preserve of the best fee-paying schools
In this role, you will:
· have the opportunity to join a team of teachers at the peak of their profession
· be part of the Ark network, with school-based and network-wide CPD and international school visits
For further information, a confidential discussion or for any technical queries please contact Jane Witheford at email@example.com.
Start Date: 1st September 2018
Closing date: 8am on Wednesday 25th April
Salary: Ark Band 5 (£18,751- £22,507) depending on experience
Hours: 8am – 5pm plus 2 additional hours per week
Working Pattern: Term Time Only (39 weeks per year)
We value diversity and are committed to safeguarding and promoting child welfare. The successful candidate will be subject to DBS and any other relevant employment checks.