Teaching Assistant (Special Educational Needs)
KS3 & 4 – Secondary
£350.00 - £380.00 per week. Working Hours 08:30am – 15:40pm Monday to Friday
Start Date: 06/09/2021
Salary is dependent on experience, training or qualifications. The minimum experience, training or qualifications required for this position are at least 3 months experience in a similar setting.
Vision for Education are seeking a Teaching Assistant with experience working with Children with Special Educational Needs to join our team for a role that Starts in September 2021. The SEND School based in Sheffield caters for Primary aged children with a variety of special Educational Needs.
If you are Team Teach trained this is desirable, however we do offer both courses free of charge! We have a team teach training course on the 1st & 2nd September 2021 * terms and conditions apply.
The role of a SEND Teaching Assistant involves working with Children with a variety of Special Educational Needs, this School in particular caters for children with Autism, non-verbal, pre-verbal, behaviours that challenge and severe learning disabilities. This role requires an adaptable, committed, enthusiastic and resilient Teaching Assistant with great communication skills and a proactive approach to supporting the Team Teacher, that has experience working with children with Special Educational Needs. You will work as part of a dedicated and committed team that have a child-centred approach in all they do. This position starts in 2021 on long-term basis.
All of the schools that vision for education work with are dedicated to offering the best possible learning experience tailored to each students individual needs.
To be considered for the Teaching Assistant position, you will:
• Have a minimum of 20 days experience in one relevant setting i.e. school, youth centre, sports coaching, residential setting, respite centre
• A reference to cover a 6 week period (this does not have to be full time) experience on a relevant setting as above
• Previous experience of working with behaviours that challenge is highly desirable
• An enhanced DBS registered to the update service or the willingness to apply for one
• The ability to work on initiative and proactively
• The desire to work with young people with special educational needs
• Own transport is highly desirable or close links to public transport
• Available at least 3 days per week
Vision for Education is committed to safeguarding children and young people. We take our responsibilities extremely seriously. All staff we register will undertake thorough interviewing and referencing checks and hold, or be prepared to undergo, an Enhanced DBS check that must be registered on the Update Service.
About Vision for Education
Vision for Education is a market-leading education recruitment and supply agency committed to the learning and development of young people. With branches across the country, we are an employer of choice for high-quality primary, secondary and SEND teaching and support staff.
What Vision for Education offer
As a valued employee of Vision for Education, you will receive:
• Excellent daily rates paid weekly by our in-house Payroll team using the Pay As You Earn (PAYE) system.
• Guaranteed pay scheme (subject to availability and qualifying criteria).
• Pension contributions (subject to a qualifying period).
• Full compliance with AWR (Agency Workers’ Regulations), to make sure you get the pay and working conditions you are entitled to.
• FREE training to help with your professional development such as Team Teach training, online webinars and safeguarding and child protection updates.
• Generous refer a friend or colleague bonus scheme.
• Access to a dedicated consultant, who will provide ongoing support.
How to apply
If you are Teaching Assistant who can enthuse, motivate and engage students and would like the challenge of working in a demanding and rewarding environment, then we want to hear from you.
Apply today via this website, or for more information about this role and other opportunities across Vision for Education, please contact Francesca Halit on 0114 5530900 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Vision for Education Ltd