Phoenix school is the education provision within Cygnet hospital (Sheffield), a tier 4 CAMHs unit.
Our aim at Phoenix is to ensure students are successful following discharge from the hospital. High expectations of what students can achieve, effective communications with schools and good quality teaching ensure that students continue making academic progress during their stay.
Phoenix school would like to appoint a teaching assistant to help support our learners in the classroom, and sometimes on the ward.
The successful candidate will:
· Be enthusiastic about working with a range of pupils with differing needs and abilities
· Show initiative and a keenness to be involved in all aspects of school life
· Take a flexible approach to working
· Have a proven track record of good working relationships and professionalism
· Feel confident in working independently with small groups of pupils
Applications are welcome from both experienced TA's and those considering this, or teaching, as a career. If you have the skills and experience we require and you are looking for a new challenge please complete application form today
Safeguarding is of the utmost importance at cygnet and we follow safer recruitment practice including calling references after shortlisting and before interviewing.
Cygnet Healthcare has a proven commitment to 'Equality of Opportunity' and actively promotes the welfare and safeguarding of young people. Successful applicants will be subject to an enhanced check from the Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS).
For further information or an application form, please contact Ed Hall (acting head teacher) at email@example.com
To arrange a school visit, please contact Rebecca Price at firstname.lastname@example.org