22 hours per week
Working pattern; Monday to Thursday
Fixed Term from January to July 2019, Term time only
St Peter’s is a happy, friendly school with a passion for learning and a strong team ethic. We are looking to appoint an enthusiastic Higher Level Teaching Assistant to enhance our dedicated teaching team by providing high quality support and challenge for children in Year 6.
The role required is a varied one involving:
- 1:1 and small group support for a child with SEND;
- Intervention and general class support;
- Team Leader release for two afternoons a week, with planning and marking time provided to support this; and
- 1:1 support at lunchtime for a child with SEND.
The successful candidate will be passionate about enhancing children’s life chances and have:
- Expertise and experience in supporting children’s learning;
- High expectations of themselves and the children with whom they work;
- Experience of working with pupils with SEND; and
- HLTA status (or equivalent).
Visits to the school are welcome; please contact the school office to make an appointment on 01939 232292
Application forms can be downloaded from the Shropshire Council website: www.shropshire.gov.uk/jobs or are available from the school office
Closing Date: Thursday 13th December, 4:00pm
Interview Date: Wednesday 19th December
St. Peter’s CE Primary & Nursery School
Part of the Empower Trust
Shrubbery Gardens, Wem, Shropshire, SY4 5BX
Tel: 01939 232292
St Peter's CE Primary & Nursery School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. All applicants will be subject to a full Disclosure and Barring Service check as part of the application process.