We are looking to appoint an inspirational and motivated Teaching Assistant to join our team, supporting the class teacher and children in our Year 1 class. This is a fantastic opportunity to be involved with a brand new school at the beginning of an exciting journey to create an outstanding learning environment and ethos.
As an employee with the Harris Federation, you will receive a generous benefits package, including performance and loyalty bonus, pension scheme (LGPS), Harris wellbeing cash plan and additional Harris benefits.
The role is based on 37.5 hours per week, 39 weeks a year (term-time only).
Interviews will be conducted as and when applications are received. Once we have recruited, this role will be withdrawn.
What we are looking for:
- An excellent practitioner with a creative approach
- Someone with high expectations of both themselves and their pupils
- An innovative and highly motivated person
- Commitment to ongoing professional development
- An excellent communicator and team player
About Harris Primary Academy Purley Way
Harris Primary Academy Purley Way opened in 2016 with its first cohort of Reception children and their families, serving local families and children in Croydon and Sutton. Since 2017, the academy has been based in purpose built, three storey building, with state of the art technology and resources and facilities to support the school on its journey to Outstanding. Harris Primary Academy Purley Way will grow year on year to provide classes from Reception to Year 6 and offer three forms of entry by 2022.
Why work at Harris Primary Academy Purley Way?
- Superb facilities, including a well-equipped outdoor provision, as well as large indoor classrooms at a brand new, purpose built school.
- Exceptional professional development opportunities
- A warm, friendly staff team and engaging, enthusiastic, well-behaved children
- Generous Harris rewards and benefits package
For more information, please download the Candidate Information Pack or contact the school on 0203 872 1970.
Harris academies are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. All offers of employment are subject to an Enhanced DBS check, and where applicable, a prohibition from teaching check will be completed for all applicants. In line with our commitments to safeguarding, the Harris Federation uses preferred agencies and is unable to work with any agencies where Terms of Business have not been agreed by both parties prior to an engagement.