Are you looking to make a difference to the lives of children and young people with SEND in the North East? If so, here at Vision for Education could be the perfect place to pursue this as a career.
We are looking for creative and experienced teaching assistants/learning support assistants to work with pupils who have a range of SEND and Complex Needs.
We have support roles available from the EYFS to Post 16 and they are at various specialist educational settings in Newcastle, Sunderland, Durham, Gateshead and surrounding areas.
You may also be required to support pupils in a non-educational setting with the aim of supporting their return to mainstream learning in the future. This can include an element of assisting her personal care/hygiene.
Ideally, you will have:
- experience of working with children and young people with SEND and/or ASC
- the ability to communicate effectively with pupils, colleagues and parents
- experience working with small groups or on a 1:1 basis
- the commitment to prioritise the needs of the pupils in all that you do
In return we offer:
- Excellent daily rates starting from £60 per day, paid weekly through PAYE
- £50 reward every time you recommend a colleague
- Support throughout your placements
- Access to a dedicated SEND consultant 24 hours a day, 7 days a week
- Access to free CPD such as Team Teach, Autism Awareness and Moving and Handling qualifications
- NI and pension contributions
If you are interested in this work, please apply with an up to date CV and details and one of our Newcastle SEND team will be in touch.