Rugeley School, Blithbury Road, Blithbury, Rugeley, WS15 3JQ
Hours: 37.5 hours per week (term time only)
We require an experienced Teaching Assistant to join our team on a full-time basis at Rugeley School. The successful candidate will undertake education support duties and assist the class teacher in the day to day needs of the students we care for.
Rugeley School is an independent residential school for children with Autism from the age of 5-19 years. Our school, which opened in May 2000, stands at the forefront in the education of children with Autism.
Duties will include:
- Supporting with students educational progress and behaviour
- Keeping student records up to date
- Work as part of a dedicated team
- Attend training where relevant
- This is a physically demanding role and staff will also need to have the emotional resilience to deal with the challenging behaviours that autism can present.
Successful applicants will be required to provide support and assistance to the class teachers in all aspects of pupil related classroom and wider school based activities helping the students with all lessons, the role also involves personal care.
Due to the location of our sites, being able to drive and having access to a car would be useful.
We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expect all our employees to share in this commitment.
- Priory Perks reward and discount scheme
- Comprehensive induction
- Pension scheme
- We cover the cost of your enhanced disclosure check
- Employee Assistance Programme
- Commitment to your ongoing training and career progression
- Employee recognition scheme.
For all roles we require a minimum of two references. References provided must cover the last 3 years, for all of our services we will need to request all references from where you have worked with either Children or Vulnerable Adults. Please be advised that references may be requested prior to interview for roles within our schools.
From education to hospitals, care homes and secure facilities, the Priory Group of Companies offers individually tailored, multidisciplinary treatment programmes for those with complex educational needs or requiring acute, long-term and respite mental healthcare.
Priory Education Services is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children. All applicants must be willing to undergo safeguarding screening appropriate to the post, including checks with past employers and disclosures with the relevant body at an enhanced level. We are an equal opportunities employer. Priory Education and Children's services will cover the cost of a DBS.
- Special needs with independent funding
- Students of mixed gender, age 4 - 19 years
Rugeley School, formerly Rugeley Horizon School, is a specialist residential school for young people aged five to 19 with autism and moderate to severe learning difficulties. The school provides a modern setting in which students can achieve an enhan...