We are seeking to appoint an enthusiastic Teaching Assistant at Furzefield Primary School as soon as possible. The successful applicant will need to be patient and calm, with a consistent and positive approach to managing pupils’ behaviour and a good understanding of how children learn. We need a flexible team player with a sense of humour and an optimistic outlook. Experience of working with SEND children would be an advantage. This role would also suit a graduate interested in gaining experience in a primary school before applying for a place on the school centred initial teacher training initiative.
The successful candidate will:
• Have a good level of qualifications in English and Maths (equivalent to GCSE grade C or above).
• Have relevant qualification and/or experience in education.
• Have experience of working with children through individual and/or class based (or 1-2-1) support advantageous.
• Possess good communication skills.
• Have a knowledge of safeguarding and child protection.
• Have a passionate and enthusiastic outlook to children’s learning.
• Have an understanding of children with special needs.
• Recognise challenging behaviour.
• Have the ability to remain calm and patient.
• Take a positive approach to managing behaviour.
• Demonstrate empathy, resilience and persistence in working with children, parents/carers and other staff.