Our children deserve the very best so the successful candidate will be able to:
1. Implement planned learning activities to individuals, small groups and/or classes modifying and adapting activities as necessary8 under the direction and supervision of a teacher.
2. Assess, record and report on development, progress and attainment.
3. Liaise with staff and other relevant professionals and provide information about pupils as appropriate.
4. Monitor and record pupil responses and learning achievements, drawing any problems to the attention of the teacher.
5. Assess the needs of pupils and use knowledge and specialist skills to support pupils’ learning.
6. Support pupils in social and emotional well-being, reporting problems to the teacher as appropriate.
7. Teaching Assistants at this level may be expected to undertake at least one of the following:
a) Provide specialist support to pupils with learning, behavioural, communication, social, sensory or physical difficulties.
b) Provide specialist support to pupils where English is not their first language.
c) Provide specialist support to gifted and talented pupils.
d) Provide specialist support to all pupils in a particular learning area (e.g. ICT, literacy, numeracy, National Curriculum subject).
We can offer:
• happy, responsive children
• a wide range of professional development opportunities both within the school and the wider TKAT family and a caring, committed and inclusive ethos.
• a team of staff that is committed, friendly & supportive
• outstanding training opportunities from TKAT as well as our local authority provider.