Tor view School - Trelawny Road,Tavistock, West Devon PL19 0JN
Hours: 37.5 hours per week (Monday to Friday 39 weeks per year)
We are looking for a candidate that is a versatile, resilient and committed Teaching Assistant, who can adapt their practice wherever necessary to support across all key stages. They will contribute to the effective implementation of individual programmes by supporting the teaching and learning experiences, which enhance the learning and development of our young people.
Your day to day duties will involve:
- Working with the class teacher, assisting the children with their work and supporting with pupil behaviour
- Establishing good relationships with pupils, acting as a role model and responding to individual needs
- Encouraging pupils to interact with others and engage in activities
- Helping to plan lessons by preparing materials and resources.
Key Skills Required
- Experience of working with social/emotional difficulties and/or challenging behaviour
- Work independently or as part of a team
- Adapt the support required to meet the needs of individual students to positively impact on progress in learning
- Effective communication skills, verbal and written including basic ICT skills
- Ability to deal with complex and challenging behaviour
- Demonstrate a high degree of emotional resilience
- Ability to remain calm under pressure.
We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expect all our employees to share in this commitment.
Experience as a Teaching Assistant would be beneficial, but as long as you have the communication and caring skills required for this role, we will give you all the training and development you need to succeed.
A clean driving licence with at least 3 years driving experience would be an advantage due to the location of the school.
Please note, we reserve the right to close the vacancy early should we receive a significant number of suitable applications.
Why work with Priory?
- As well as the children, Priory strives to look after you. We provide excellent support and professional supervision, regular training opportunities and the chance to undertake further qualifications through our Career Pathways programme
- Online discounts and cashback for high street to holidays
- Free monthly £1,000 colleague lotto
- We cover the cost of your DBS
- Cash for colleagues – You can earn money for friends and family you recommend!
To find out more, click ‘Apply Now’ and we’ll be in touch!
At Priory Education we are proud of our reputation for delivering quality education and care services with positive outcomes for children and young people aged 5 to 25 who have experienced difficulties in their previous education placements.
Tor View School in based just outside Tavistock is an independent SEN School that specialises in children with severe learning difficulties and Autism aged 7 to 18 and can take up to 25 pupils. We are also linked to Quay View School in Bere Alston which can take up to 30 pupils and specialises in teaching children with SEMH.
For all roles we require a minimum of two references. References provided must cover the last 3 years, for all of our services we will need to request all references from where you have worked with either Children or Vulnerable Adults. Please be advised that references will be requested prior to interview for all roles within our schools.
From education to hospitals, care homes and secure facilities, the Priory Group of Companies offers individually tailored, multidisciplinary treatment programmes for those with complex educational needs or requiring acute, long-term and respite mental healthcare.
Priory Education Services is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children. All applicants must be willing to undergo safeguarding screening appropriate to the post, including checks with past employers and disclosures with the relevant body at an enhanced level. We are an equal opportunities employer. Priory Education and Children's services will cover the cost of a DBS.