Salary Grade: Scale 4, Spine Points 18-21
Actual Salary: £17,020.78 - £18,431.33 per annum
Hours: Part Time 31.65 hours per week, Monday – Friday 8:50am-3:40pm
Contract: Term Time Only, Permanent
Required for September 2018
We are looking for an excellent, qualified teaching assistant, or graduate with an interest in working in primary education, who is keen to become part of our committed and happy team, and who has an enthusiasm for and commitment to child-centred learning. You should be confident and flexible in supporting children across the school, from SEN children in Reception to high ability children in Y6.
Experience: We’re looking for new team members who are competent in literacy and numeracy, have excellent communication skills and are experienced in working with children.
The successful candidate will:
• Have a record of excellent classroom practice and attendance.
• Be an energetic and creative person with a ‘can-do’ attitude who uses their own initiative.
• Set and achieve high standards in supporting teaching and learning, in developing the school environment and in whole school improvement.
• Have excellent communication skills and will work well as part of a team to make a positive school contribution.
• Be committed to continually reflect upon their practice and develop themselves further, in order to provide the best possible education for our children.
• Be committed to inclusion and ensuring that all children progress and achieve well.
We can offer:
• Enthusiastic and well-behaved children who are keen to learn.
• A team approach with supportive and friendly staff.
• Engaged parents and governors within a friendly community.
• An on-going commitment to learning for all.
• Opportunities to innovate, excel and develop.
If you are dynamic and creative, and truly passionate about children and education, then we would be really pleased to meet you. Visits to Yerbury Primary School are warmly encouraged, and can be organised by contacting the School Office on 020 7272 6580 or email email@example.com
Closing date: Midday, Thursday 24 May 2018
Shortlisting: Thursday 24 May 2018
Interviews: Week Beginning, Wednesday 6 June 2018
Please apply online at http://jobs.islington.gov.uk/disciplines following the jobs link. If you need any assistance please email firstname.lastname@example.org quoting reference number YER/039.
Yerbury School is an Equal Opportunities Employer. Our environment is diverse in character and in its student population and we aspire to reflect this diversity in our staff. We positively welcome applications from minority groups. We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children. This is reflected in our rigorous approach to the recruitment and professional development of our staff. Also, this post is likely to come under the requirements of the Childcare (Disqualification) 2009 Regulations and the successful applicant will be required to complete a declaration form to establish whether they are disqualified under these regulations.