Vision for Education are working exclusively with a number of Special Educational Needs (SEN) Schools who require Teaching Assistants on a part-time and full-time basis in Spalding and the surrounding areas. If you are looking to make a positive difference to children’s lives with Additional Needs, then we would love to hear from you!
As a Teaching Assistant, each day for you will be different and unique. You will be working with students with a range of complex needs, including Profound and Multiple Learning Disabilities (PMLD), Severe Learning Disabilities (SLD), Social, Emotional and Mental Health (SEMH) Difficulties and Autism (ASD/ASC).
You will be expected to support children in specialist learning areas within the school, such as Sensory Rooms and Hydrotherapy Pools. The role will be spread across Key Stages and may involve you working within different classes if required. You will need to be pro-active within the classroom, have a genuine passion and willingness to join in with school activities and have energy and enthusiasm for supporting children and young people.
Previous Learning Support/Teaching Assistant/SEN Support experience is advantageous for this role, although this is not essential. This is because we are really looking for individuals who have the right attitude, desire and passion to support children and young people with Special Educational Needs. We will also be considering people who are from a Support Worker, Personal Assistant and/or Career background within the SEND Sector.
In return for your hard work and expertise, you will be rewarded with:
· Excellent and transparent rates of pay.
· Consistent training courses such as Team Teach, Moving & Handling Autism Awareness and eLearning Courses by EduCare (paid for by Vision) to continue your Individual Professional Development.
· Generous Refer a Friend Scheme.
· Dedicated team that work with our supply staff to place them in schools and locations that suit them.
· Wages paid directly into your bank account every week via PAYE (not through an umbrella company)
· We are an agency that won't charge your school a fee should they wish to offer you a permanent contract; we won't stand in the way of your career.
You must be eligible to work in the UK and meet Vision for Education's stringent safeguarding checks for this position. We will also require you to hold a current DBS certificate (Child Workforce only) and it be registered on the Online Update Service. If your DBS is not registered online or you do not hold a DBS under Child Workforce, Vision will assist in your application.
If you feel you have the qualities we are looking for and would like to know more, please contact us on 01733 371371. Alternatively, please submit your application via this website.