Salary is dependent on experience, training or qualifications.
Vision for Education (part of TES) are a well-respected, education-specialist, supply agency. Our Huddersfield branch covers Calderdale, Kirklees and Wakefield. Vision are currently recruiting for Teaching Assistants to work in schools in Wakefield.
Do you have experience working with young people? Are you a passionate about working with you people? Are you able to build rapport and form positive, professional relationships with young people? Are you considering a PGCE and need experience working in a school?
Teaching Assistants provide a vital role in school; delivering lessons in the absence of the class teacher. The role requires excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to work well as part of a team, ensuring that lesson objectives are met. As a Teaching Assistant, you will need to be approachable, inspiring and enthusiastic and be able to quickly build relationships to have a positive impact on students. The position will be assisting in most subjects from Year 7 to Year 11.
To be considered for this role you must:
• Have a high level of literacy and numeracy.
• Have experience working with young people.
• Have a flexible approach to work and be able to think on your feet.
• Be confident and have a positive approach that engages students in their learning.
• Have good classroom management skills.
At Vision for Education, we take our responsibilities to you seriously. As part of Vision’s supply team, you will discover an incredibly varied and rewarding role, with benefits such as:
• Excellent daily rates paid weekly through PAYE.
• £50 reward every time you recommend a colleague.
• Support throughout your placements with access to a dedicated Secondary consultant 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.
• Access to free CPD such as Team Teach, Autism Awareness and Keeping Children Safe in Education qualifications.
• Full compliance with AWR (Agency Worker Regulations) to make sure you get paid what you are entitled.
• Regular social events with 100% complimentary food and drink.
If you feel you can enthuse, motivate and engage students, and would like the challenge of working in a demanding and rewarding environment, we want to hear from you.
Apply today, or for more information on this and other Cover Supervisor opportunities across Vision for Education, contact the Secondary Education team at the Huddersfield branch.
Vision for Education is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people. All candidates will be required to complete our safeguarding checks and undergo an enhanced DBS check.