JOB TITLE: Teaching Chef
RESPONSIBLE TO: Director
FULL TIME: 45 hrs per week, 40 weeks per year
SALARY: £28,511 per annum.
Note: Safe recruitment
The Montessori Place is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.
. OVERALL PURPOSE OF JOB:
• To prepare nutritious, seasonal, vegetarian, organic lunch for 100 children and adults, and 5pm ‘evening’ meal for 30.
• To support, guide and inspire a small group of adolescents to assist in this work.
• Purchasing and store room management
• Plan, prepare, cook and serve an interesting, balanced and varied vegetarian lunch menu for the children in the school and the staff of The Montessori Place taking into account dietary and cultural requirements of the children and adults.
• To be a role model to the young people at The Montessori Place maintaining high standards in all aspects of personal and professional behaviour while exhibiting a warm and respectful manner to all.
• Order food, check deliveries, keep stock, exercise stock control, keep accounts and exercise budgetary control.
• To monitor the quality of food produced within the kitchen, and ensuring that any issues are dealt with immediately.
• To ensure compliance with the requirements of food hygiene regulations, Health & Safety, COSHH regulations and risk management practices.
• To supervise and support 2-3 adolescents to work alongside you in the kitchen, guiding them in the planning, preparation and cooking, and shutting down of the kitchen.
• Adhere to a professional code of conduct and appropriate dress.
• Occasionally prepare food for social events other than lunch.
• To attend staff functions.
• Communicate warmly and positively with the colleagues and interact with the adolescents and children as appropriate.
• Attend to any general duties relevant to the post.
2. TERMS AND CONDITIONS
The Montessori Place, Eason’s Green, East Sussex, TN22 5RE
Hours of work
45 hours a week, 40 weeks per year
8am - 5pm Monday to Friday on site.
The Montessori Place has two pay bands for all employees, Band A and Band B. Full-time employment is 8am to 5pm, Mondays to Fridays, 40 weeks in the year.
This job is on the Band A scale, with a starting salary of £28,511.
Annual increments, taking into account inflation, will be added at the discretion of the Board of Directors.
Term times and annual leave
The children attend 36 weeks per year. There are approximately 4 weeks worth of additional staff ‘inset days’ spread through the year. Some of these inset days may be worked from home.
1 June 2021 (with some flexibility)
1. Read the Person Specification in conjunction with this Job Description and complete and return the application form by 19th May 2021.
2. Applications by CV will not be accepted.
3. Interviews will held at The Montessori Place, Eason’s Green, on a rolling basis.
4. Appointment of the role will be made in the week of 24th May 2021.
The Montessori Place
- Mainstream school with independent funding
- All-through School
- Students of mixed gender, age 1 - 16 years