OAKS PARK HIGH SCHOOL
Team Leader for Mathematics
Outer London Main / Upper Pay Scale + TLR 1C
Required for September 2019
Do you want to lead a team that are a supportive, committed, experienced and take pride in delivering innovative and enjoyable lessons to inspire a love of Mathematics? Then come and join us at Oaks Park High School!
We are seeking to appoint a well-qualified, passionate and innovative Leader of Mathematics who can support Oaks Park High School in providing an exceptional quality of education for all students and contribute to an already thriving learning community.
The successful candidate will:
- Have a strong track record as an excellent teacher of Mathematics and be committed to maximising the achievement of every student in the subject
- Knowledge, understanding and leadership accountability within the school organisation
- Proven record of promoting high student achievement
- Experience of teaching in a large mixed comprehensive school
- Proven record of very good student examination attainment through classes taught
- Be able to teach across the age and ability range for KS3 to 5.
- Have an understanding of and commitment to equal opportunities in its widest sense and a commitment to inclusive education
- Ability to build productive relationships with students, staff, parents and governors
- Be a good communicator with excellent interpersonal skills
- Be flexible and a good team player
Why work for Oaks Park High School:
- Oversubscribed 11-18 mixed comprehensive school with over 400 students in the Sixth Form and excellent modern facilities to support learning.
- Work alongside a collaborative, forward thinking Headteacher and Senior Leadership Team.
- Strong vision of success and achievement supported by an excellent continuing professional development programme for all staff.
- Medical and well-being support for all staff available (at no cost to the member of staff)
- An ambitious and supportive multicultural community that keeps our child-centred philosophy at the heart of everything that we do.
- Highly regarded for outstanding pupil behaviour and purposeful learning environment.
- Committed to the very highest standards of student care and achievement and seek outstanding staff who wish to be part of our success.
Location: The school is centrally located in the London Borough of Redbridge, which is a very high achieving borough. There are excellent transport links to central and outer London, with Newbury Park station (zone 4 on the Central Line) only a four minute walk away.
Visits to the school are welcomed, or alternatively you can speak to Mrs Flack, Deputy Headteacher about the role and working at Oaks Park High School. Please contact the Headteacher’s PA, Mrs Cutmore, on 020 8590 2245 x 2073 to make arrangements.
In joining us you can expect a supportive culture within a school with very high aspirations, moving forward at pace. If you believe that instilling aspiration and ambition can transform the lives of young people then we would love to hear from you.
The closing date for applications will be Friday 26th April 2019 at 9am. Details regarding interviews will be confirmed with short listed candidates.
Early application is advised as applicants may be contacted at any stage during the recruitment process and the advert may then be closed.