Westlake Boys High School, located in the North Shore of Auckland, is looking for an exceptional technology teacher with particular strengths in hard materials to work collaboratively with a team of dedicated and talented professionals teachers in a modern, well-resourced technology department.
Westlake Boys High School has a role size of 2300 students, and has had a strong presence in the North Shore for the past fifty years. The school prioritises academic success, proudly claiming to be one of the most successful schools in the country. Additionally, placing importance on opportunities outside of the classroom by encouraging extra-curricular involvement in sport, music and cultural activities.
As a hard materials teacher, you will be working in the technology faculty alongside an energetic team of fifteen other full time teaching staff. The technology department offers specialist areas of Design and Visual Communication, Food Technology, Digital Technology, Control Technology, and Hard Materials Technology.
All three hard materials teaching spaces are well-resourced multimedia rooms, with direct access to a wood machining area and mechanical engineering workshop. The space is also equipped with a laser cutter, plasma cutter and 3D printers for CAD/CAM work.
You will need to be experienced in teaching three strands of hard materials at a senior level; robotics, mechanical engineering and materials technology, also known as product design. The year nine and ten programmes are a collection of design tasks which prepare the students for these three strands. The ability to foster individual student creativity through leading design based courses.
Desirable skills and experiences:
- Have a PGCE in Design Technology (or similar)
- You will have proven experience teaching hard materials up to Year 13
- Have the ability to contribute to the vocational mechanical engineering course and furniture making course
- Demonstrate innovative practice and support ongoing development in this vibrant curriculum area
- Be proficient and experienced in using the appropriate technology equipment in a safe and supportive classroom environment
- Ability to integrate in the wider community and develop positive student relationships
To request an information and application pack for this rewarding role, email the Candidate Care team at firstname.lastname@example.org quoting reference number 14023.
All enquiries for this position should come directly to Education Personnel.