Sherfield School is an independent, co-educational day and boarding school of approximately 470 pupils from 3 months to 18 years. Set in 75 acres of grounds, Sherfield School has a forward thinking educational vision, a growing Sixth Form, impressive examination results and an ambitious development programme. Our core values of global citizenship are reflected in our international boarding community and our strong links with GEMS schools overseas. We offer a competitive salary and a fantastic working and learning environment.
- Free meals provided when the school kitchen is open.
- Contributory Pension Scheme.
This post is to cover maternity leave from October 2017 for up to 12 months. The successful candidate will join a small, but experienced department which works closely with the Performing Arts and Music departments.
The successful candidate will have an eye for detail and will see the potential of developing Art at Sherfield, incorporating it into the lifestyle of the school and showcasing the pupils’ work around the school and its magnificent grounds; there is also an opportunity to host exhibitions at the school on a commercial basis.
We are looking for a dynamic, enthusiastic and committed Head of Art who can continue to lead this highly successful and popular department with excellent results.
The preferred candidate will:
· be an excellent leader with innovative practice;
· be inspiring and able to motivate and challenge staff and students to make rapid progress;
· be expected to possess the ability to teach Art at KS3, KS4 and A level;
· be able to establish strong relationships and have excellent interpersonal skills;
· be passionate about the role of Art within education;
· be up to date with curriculum developments and be innovative in implementing them across the Art department;
· promote Sherfield School through hosting and organising national and local events and taking part in events outside the school.
All candidates are required to complete an application form in full. Please note that applications must be made on the application form and accompanied by a covering letter of no more than 500 words.
If you have any questions please contact Sally Holmes, e-mail email@example.com
Closing Date for Applications: Midday, Friday 25 August 2017
Interviews will be held shortly afterwards.
Sherfield School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and applicants must be willing to undergo child protection screening as part of their application. This includes submitting an enhanced Disclosure and Barring (DBS) check prior to employment, including checks with past employers.