Required October 2021
Withington Girls’ School, The Sunday Times’ North-West Independent School of the Decade 2021, is looking for a well-qualified and inspirational Part-Time Teacher of Music, covering a maternity leave from October half term 2021 until 31st December 2022, to join this happy and outstandingly successful independent day school for girls.
At Withington, we aim to promote the school’s ethos of love of learning, engagement with our school’s wide breadth of opportunity and commitment to the highest standards in all that we do for the benefit of our pupils in all aspects of their development. Our commitment is to: intellectually stimulating, innovative and supportive teaching which enables each pupil to fulfil her potential and develop the skills, knowledge and approaches needed not only for success in examinations but for life beyond school. The Department believes strongly in enrichment, diversity and extension and our lessons go beyond the requirements of the National Curriculum; in all our teaching, we aim to build, critical thinking, confidence, independence and a love of Music.
We are looking for someone to be part of our very successful Music Department, who shares our vision, is passionate about Music and can convey interest and enthusiasm for the subject throughout the School. The postholder will be expected to be able to teach Key Stage 2 up to Key Stage 5, and will be expected to contributed to the extra-curricular programme.
We can offer you:
• The opportunity to join our outstanding school where public examination results consistently place Withington amongst the leading schools in the UK. Withington is the Times Independent Secondary School of the Decade in the North-West.
• Keen, committed and very able students who are positive and active learners.
• A highly diverse environment where pupils come from a wide geographical area in and around Manchester and from many different social, cultural and religious backgrounds.
• Colleagues eager to share passion and enthusiasm for their subject and an environment where the relationship between pupils and staff is a particular strength.
• A warm and friendly school where teachers are given professional respect to develop their teaching methodologies.
• A school which, by following the concepts of Respect for Self, Respect for Others and Responsibility for Personal Actions, has little need for formal rules.
• Excellent facilities, including the latest resources to support learning.
What you can offer us:
• A capable and highly enthusiastic teacher with excellent subject knowledge and a passion for Music.
• An inspiring leader, with the ability to develop the department.
• The ability to teach Music through key stage 2 up to and including key stage 5 to highly able pupils.
• The willingness and ability to use a variety of teaching methods to suit pupils’ individual learning needs, selecting appropriate learning resources and embracing the use of new technology.
• Commitment to contribute to extra-curricular events.
Closing date: 9am Friday 17th September 2021
If you would like to apply for the role of Temporary Part-Time Teacher of Music, you will need to complete the School’s application form and submit along with a covering letter to:
Only applications using the School’s application form will be considered.
Withington Girls’ School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. Applicants must be willing to undergo child protection screening appropriate to the post, including checks with past employers and the Disclosure and Barring Service.
Withington Girls' School
- Mainstream school with independent funding
- All-through with sixth form
- Girls school with students of age 7 - 18 years
Withington Girls’ School was founded in 1890 by a small group of eminent and far-sighted Manchester families who wanted the same educational opportunities to be available for their daughters as were already available to their sons. In keeping with th...